The Obstacles Begin

Monday, a new week of school. I've been so distracted lately. I'm way over due on my homework but I'm thankful I haven't been left behind in the syllabus. I know what's going on. I take a look around my biology classroom, excited as I'm back in my A game. I see kids nodding off to sleep, others drawing little sketches to pass time by.

But I on the other hand, I'm like a female flash. Between taking down notes from Mr Wilson as he talks, from the board and skimming the study guide for extra details, I'm all speed.

It's 8:34am. As usual Dylan sits next to me and pays no attention once so ever. This year seems to be moving slow yet fast at the same time. So much has happened between these few weeks.

In the next 10 minutes or so the bell will ring for first lunch. After yesterday's chat with Brianna at Miss Auch's ice cream place, I feel intense if I'm being completely honest.

Thomas has always given me these creepy feelings after everything that's happened. Although it's happened long ago, it feels like just yesterday I was in the hospital after trying to end my own life. Now all I want to do, is live it now that I've got Dylan but it doesn't change what I've gone through.

Thomas and I met in our first year of high school. He was tall and had pitch black hair. He always wore this gentle bright smile that captured everyone's attention. I never thought I would be able to be with him. I've always been the hooded girl with no voice.

I was walking to my first class of the day. It's about two weeks into my first year of high school. "Why does she always wear hoodies?" asked a beautiful, average height girl that I was walking pass on my way. I looked down and sighed, if those clowns have fun being all popular and fashionable that's their own business. It doesn't mean everyone wants to dress like we're advertising our bodies for hire. My thoughts slowed, "hey you, hoodie girl!" Called her friend with such enchanting hazel eyes.

I stopped and turned around "yes?" I asked. "Why do you always wear a hoodie?" asked the first one. "I like them" I responded "oh my god Amanda, I know why now. Look at her, she's ugly" laughed the second girl. I looked down, tears building and falling. I've always been so sensitive. I don't know why.

"Hey! Leave her alone. She's beautiful unlike you two clowns" said a male voice. It was deep, catching my attention making me look up. I see the famous Thomas Titus Trephae walk towards me. My heart started to beat faster and louder, I was able to hear it myself.

"Tom, you don't have to lie baby. Join in, the trash needs to get put out" the girls laughed. I've always been aware of Thomas. He's muscular and had a mix between brown and green eyes. Every girl at school drooled for him. It was also a plus that he was on the schools sport's team.

"Leave her alone Amanda. You're pathetic. " He stared her down, making her huff out and walk away. He came closer to me, "hey Madelyn, you okay? Don't listen to them. You're one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen" he smiled at me charmingly.

A loud siren rang making me come back to reality. The bell interrupting my memory of when I first spoke to Thomas. I got up and packed my things into my backpack. Dylan waiting by the doorway for me. "Bye Mr Wilson" I smile and wave at him. "Bye Miss Norlyse" he smiled and waved back.

"Hey baby, I missed you" Dylan said pulling my body in to hug me.  I chuckled at his words "it's only been 45 minutes and you sit right next to me" I said embracing him and his warmth. "But you're so dedicated unlike me, I watch how focused you are. So I leave you be" he leaned down and pecked my lips making me blush. "Let's go" I said rushing away to hide my blush. I hear Dylan chuckle and follow after me.

We met up with everyone under the tree. Brianna and I took a walk and I told her about my thoughts and the memory I recalled of Thomas in class. She was worried about me but I told her not to be.