Blast From The Past

Today I woke up around 12 during the day with Dylan to a continuous knocking on the door. To say I'm not a morning person is a understatement. We came home late and to be disturbed from precious sleep is a crime!

I get out of bed in a careful but annoyed way. Dreading with each step I'm out of bed, I go downstairs to the door. I open it to see Brianna's smiling face and paused movement of knocking on the door.

"I've been calling all day, why didn't you answer. Yesterday Dylan gave me the address because I told him I might come over today yay! So what happened? How was it? Tell me everything!" I literally closed the door after her coming in and she already bombards me with questions.

"Bri I'm so sleepy right now really?" I ask sadly. "Uhm yes! I need to know" I sigh. Her persistence will never cease to annoy me and defeat me every single time.

"Baby what's going on?" Says a raspy voiced Dylan coming down the stairs. "Uhm what? He didn't just call you baby isn't it?" I smack my head a little too hard at her added questions. "oh god Bri. Just let me freshen up and then we'll go to Miam!, get some ice cream and talk okay?" I ask her. "okay go get ready quickly quickly" she chases me away.

At 2pm after I've showered and dressed in my grey hoodie and black jeans, Brianna drove us to Miss Auch's. We got our usual table outside. It's beautiful outside, the heat is cooling down with a nice cold breeze that I feel pass by every few minutes or so.

I love chocolate ice cream and Brianna loves caramel. So I go and pick out our flavours and Brianna goes to pay for our ice creams. We sit down and get ready to talk.

"So what happened Mads?" Brianna asks licking her ice cream. "Well we went to a restaurant out of town called The Golden Wings. It was so beautiful. We talked for quite a bit. The food, don't even get me started. It was divine. I had a pasta thing with cut up chicken fillets with the most creamy sauce I've ever tasted. I can't really remember what Dylan had but after that, he took me into the woods and we ended up on a field. Bri it was so breathtaking. The stars and everything. Afterwards we just put some blankets and pillows on the grass and looked at the stars together until Dylan broke the silence" I pause, adding suspense knowing that she's dying for the details.

"Madelyn!" I chuckled at her irritated face. "he asked me out. He looked nervous actually. I said yes and then we talked more. It was 11pm when Dylan checked the time. So we headed home after packing everything up. We got home close to like 12, I don't remember and we just fell off to sleep together'' I said smiling back at the recent events that played out.

"So you guys are together?" Brianna asked unusually quiet. "yes" I state happily. "like as a couple?" She looks at me blank. "yes Bri" I give a small laugh. "as girlfriend and boyfriend?" I give her a look to that question. "yes Brianna we're together together" I roll my eyes.

"Oh my god! Madelyn you're so grown up!" Brianna said jumping out her seat and hugging me to death. "Bri c-can't br-eathe" I say as i struggle to supply my lungs the needed air. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just so happy for you! It's been a while... since Thomas you know?" Bri says sadly going and sitting back in her seat.

I look down and sigh "I know, it's been two years since Thomas. I'm glad it's over though. Now I've got a really good guy." I smile reassuringly. "Has he tried to contact you?" Bri asks, I can see the protectiveness in her surface. "no, not since he almost got what he wanted and you and Emily witnessed it. I think he got scared and left me be. " I recap the past memories and fiddle with my fingers.

"Thank god at least though Mads." I smile at what Brianna said. "To be honest with you, I didn't think I'd be alive to be here right now. With how my mum and dad kept hitting me and then my boyfriend who I supposedly loved. I didn't want to be here." I spoke honestly. "I remember Mads, you had cuts all over your wrists. Deep ones too. I just can't imagine getting to that point where the gift of life ends up being a curse." Brianna states with tears building in her eyes. "I'm okay now Bri" I reach across the table and hold her hand. "We're both alive and well, you happy with Mateo and I, happy with Dylan. But what's most important, that we have each other" we both smile and chuckle at the amount of emotions in the air.

We wake up from our seats and Brianna drives us back to Dylan's house. We arrive at the house at 6pm. I hug Brianna bye and go inside to see the house empty. As I pass the kitchen, I see a note on the granite table top.

Principessa,
The boys and I had some things to sort out. I won't be back anytime soon, don't wait up for me baby. I'll miss you every second.
- Dylan

I sigh after reading it. I go and have my shower and sleep alone on Dylan's bed. His scent all over making me feel empty without his presence. I check my phone for any messages but none. It's 8:44pm. I close my eyes and sleep to pass time hoping tomorrow comes faster.

I feel arms pulling me closer and lips on my forehead waking me up. I open my eyes and see Dylan's dark figure lean back in a standing position and go downstairs. I wake up and follow him. When he turns the light on downstairs, I find him covered in blood and his knuckles messed up.

"What happened to you?" I ask terrified. I run to him and pull him immediately to the bathroom and make him stand on the side of the basin. "Principessa I thought you were asleep. And don't worry about it, the boys and I were just a bit rough boxing without gloves I guess" I groan.

"Let's go up and sleep then babe" I say blushing. I feel Dylan pull away and look at me cupping my cheeks smirking at me, "alright then Principessa" he adds a wink. He stands up and scoops me in his arms and takes me upstairs and we cuddle together, falling asleep.