Plus One

Madelyn's POV

A sister. That word, I mean I know how, but how? Let's think about that carefully. My whole life, abused and going through life being the only child now I'm not alone anymore? When we get back home I want answers from my parents no matter what it costs me.

"I want to see my parents" I say to Dylan. "Yeah we'll talk about that" he tells me not meeting my eyes looking out the window. "About? It's my choice Dylan" I say trying to get him to look at me. "Your protection is my first priority. We will discuss terms and conditions regarding to your whereabouts and whether or not you're allowed out" I look at him bewildered. Did I hear him right?

"You can't be serious!" I say, my tone slightly higher and more stern than before. "Yes I am and this is final Madelyn" he says still not looking at me. "Hey! Would you look at me? Can I have that courtesy at least?" I ask annoyed at him.

When he turns his head and his eyes meets mine. I know something isn't right. "What are you hiding Dylan?" I demand from him. He ignores me. "Real mature of you Dylan. I can't believe you're doing this to me! First Thomas tried to control me and now you-" Dylan immediately snapped his head to me and looked me dead in my eyes. I instantly kept my mouth shut and refrained from finishing my sentence.

"Don't you ever and I mean ever, compare me to that psychopath Madelyn." He growls at me. I've never seen him so upset. But can I blame him? I guess not. Is he wrong too? Yes he is for hiding things from me.

"You can't keep me contained within four walls Dylan." I say looking away out the window as we pass through meadows. "In time, you'll understand why I'm being like this. I'm fine being the villian but do not defy me Madelyn. I've been soft with you but when it comes to choosing between listening to you or protecting you. I will always protect you despite your wants." He adds looking into my eyes and I don't reply at all.

Right now I don't want to talk to him. I feel like I have no say. We were suppose to be a team. Two people who became one but we have two different views on things.

I mean I get that's a given in a relationship but since when are we like this? This as in the couple who has a dominant and someone who gets dominated. Something isn't right and I feel it.

He's gone full don mafia on me and I never liked this side of him. The angry, silent and arrogant side to him. I enjoy the sweet, kind and loving side to him. He's dangerous and it's fun but Dylan becomes more dangerous and I hate to find out what that's like. In all my time I've never really fought with Dylan. We've always been chill and easy.

  Eventually we arrive at hom- I mean the base? I thought we were going straight home. Something is definitely going on. I see Bri run out of the building and she bulldozed me. "Hey Bri" I say hugging her right back. "Hey Mads, how are you?" She asks seeming suspicious like she's hiding something too.

"Alright Brianna Henderson, I've been your best friend for as long as I can remember and I want to know what's going on" I say pulling back. I fold my arms and tap my foot repeatedly on the ground just waiting to hear what she has to say.

Dylan clears his throat and I turn around to glare at him. "o-oh okay you've got me. I'm planning a Christmas Eve party for all of us." She chuckles out nervously as she begins to sway on her feet back and forth. "Liar! You're doing the sway girl. What is going on Brianna?" I demand.

"Madelyn, would you give me and Brianna a minute?" Dylan asks me looking straight at her and not even glancing at me. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. "What the hell Dylan, you can't jus-" he cuts me off. "Madelyn, don't disobey. You will go on in to leave Brianna and I a moment to talk now." I look at him shocked.

Once again he has me totally bewildered and unsure. I could assume it's an affair but even I know that's far fetched and definitely impossible. I know Brianna is a bit intimidated by him and I know they haven't really talked much.

They don't know each other personally and she likes Mateo a lot and I know Dylan loves me. I'm confident in my relationship with him.

"No Dylan. What on earth is happening? You can't keep sending me off or giving me vague answers!" I scream annoyed at him. "Madelyn i-" I cut him off like how he did me. "No! Don't talk! Don't even try and play victim with me! You are not going to treat me like this. You can't, I have every right to know because if you two aren't telling me then I know it's all because of me." I huff out taking a breath. "What's going on here dylan? Huh? We were fine. I beg you to talk to me and let's communicate. Don't you want that?" I say on the verge of crying.

You know when you cry because you're so frustrated at something? Yeah that's what happens to me. I cry and I can't help it.

"Babe, I'm sorry I'm being harsh principessa." Dylan tells me. "Yeah I'm sorry too" Brianna quickly tells me bowing her head not meeting my eyes, once again.

"But, I need to know you're going to be safe from whatever is happening or from whatever is going to be happening babe. Can you understand that for me?" I nod. "I don't understand why all of a sudden I need to be protected." I sigh.

"Because your parents were murdered and there was a message in blood, their blood, on a wall for you" he tells me and I immediately feel my stomach drop low. "W-what?" I ask horrified.