Haunted By The Past

"Okay, so that went well!" Smiled a naive Brianna. I shook my head at her and looked down. Dylan left a while ago and as he promised, Brianna came over and I told her everything that had happened. It's now 5:38pm and Dylan left at around 4:15pm. "I forgot to mention that Dylan and I kissed." I added blushing like a little girl. "What?!" Bri practically screamed and came in my personal space.

After explaining everything in great detail to a very energetic Brianna, we popped in some movies and fell asleep during our movie.

I wake up to softness and the warmth of Dylan's duvet. Dylan must of moved me. I look to my side to see Dylan not in bed. I frown and sit up. I wonder where he could be, he usually is with me when I wake up. I wake up and get out of bed. Going to the door, I open and I'm immediately hit with silence. Nothing at all. It's odd I feel. This place is never quiet.

I walk down the stairs to see if maybe he is downstairs but to my misfortune, he isn't there. Suddenly I hear something fall. I don't stay around to see what it was, I immediately bolt to the bedroom door and go in. I lock it and look for my phone to text Dylan.

Bang

I turn around and find the door broken down. I shiver and start trembling hysterically and I feel the air leave my lungs unable to come back in.

"Madelyn, I've missed you. You still look as beautiful as ever." Thomas says taking a step closer. I want to move back, run for the door or even try to get away, but my body refuses to move and I can hear my own heartbeat pounding within me.

I close my eyes and repeatedly tell myself this isn't real. When I hear dead silence, I open my eyes and freeze completely. I opened my eyes to find him now standing right in front of me. Too close for my liking.

He looks psychotic. His hair longer and messy. Facial hair is evident, different from my memories of him, of always being clean shaven before. He no longer has that buff body. He has an unhealthy, pale skin colour. The once enticing brown and green eyes that made me blush, is now the very eyes that make me terrified.

"Still so beautiful. You've always been so beautiful. But so disobedient, have you missed me?" Thomas asked, whilst stroking his finger against my cheek. I feel nothing but ice and fear.

I want to tell him off. To shout or scream but I just can't. I can't even begin to form a word properly.

He finally takes his finger away from my face and he smiles looking down at me. He has always been tall, it was attractive but now it has me internally shattering. I'm so tiny and weak compared to him.

"I would like words from you. Have you forgotten your manners, Madelyn? It's been so long since I've taught you a lesson." At his words, my body stops trembling and I'm stilled with discomfort. I can't do this again.

Suddenly, I hear a phone ringing. It's coming from his pocket. I begin to relax and Thomas moves his sight from me to his pocket and then back to me. "We'll meet again, soon. We'll be together again. You've been very inconsiderate, I mean sleeping in another man's bed when you know you're mines? But it's okay, I'll help you learn. Until then, bye for now beautiful", he said lowering down his head and kissing my cheek.

I feel tears stream down my face uncontrollably. He slowly backs away and leaves the room. I don't move until I hear the front door downstairs open and close. I finally regain some of my limbs and I sit on the floor and let myself cry it all out.

To think that Thomas is coming after me and knows about Dylan and I. I have no idea about what I'm going to do. How will I even begin to tell Dylan about what's going on?

After a solid half an hour of being in my thoughts and crying on the floor, I get up and use my remaining energy to get myself into the shower. I feel so dirty. Having his fingers on me . I can still feel his cold lips lingering on my cheek. I feel disgusted and ashamed. He made me feel this way.

One touch and everything came crashing down. One touch and I feel violated and bruised. I hate him, with every fibre of me I hate him. I scrub my body until I can't anymore. My skin is burning and is visibly red and raw from the amount of strength I used to scrub away his trace on me.

I wrap my body in a towel and leave the bathroom and get dressed in the bedroom. I hear a soft knocking that makes me jump and shake in fear. "Baby, can I come in?" I relax hearing Dylan's voice.

"Sure, just give me a second" I replied and quickly throw on my underwear, bra, hoodie and tights. "Okay, I'm all done" I say and sit on the edge of the bed. The door slowly opens and in comes a breathtaking Dylan.

But it doesn't change the fear I have. The fact that after so long, he just shows up and calls me his. It sickens me. "You look beautiful, but you look disturbed. Are you alright?" Dylan walks towards me and hugs me. I relax within his arms. The feeling of being engulfed by him, it comforts me. He lets go and I feel him rub up and down the length of my arms. "What is it Principessa?" He looks down at me asking.

"I-i can't" I stutter out. "I h-have to g-go home" I say and go to pack my stuff. As I go to walk pass him, he gently but firmly grabs my arm and puts me back as I was. "No" he says with so much authority. "You are not going there ever again. I thought you wanted to be here with me Principessa?" says a sad Dylan looking straight into my eyes. "I do-" he cuts me off "then why do you want to go?" I sigh and decide to be honest with him. "Do you remember my ex, th-the one I told you about? T-t-thomas?" the mention of his vile name leaving my lips has me disgusted and scared. "Yes" he says in a strong neutral tone, but I can tell he already isn't going to like what I've got to say. "He came here. I s-saw him. H-he said I'll s-see him so-soon" I feel a tear roll down my cheeks. I start to shake again.

"WHAT?!" Dylan roared out making me step back. Seeing my reaction, I notice his whole body change from angry to pained. I still feel myself shaking and I can once again, hear my heartbeat pound in my ears. He extends his arms, I close my eyes and try to imagine something comforting. I feel his arms pull me closer and I open my eyes to find myself engulfed within his embrace. I relax and my body isn't tense anymore. "I'm sorry Principessa" Dylan gently says. I cry in his arms. Sobbing and full of built emotions and feelings I haven't let go all these years. "It's not you, I me-mean you scared me b-but I can't handle t-this" I confess.

Right now it's 7pm in the afternoon. After talking to Dylan about everything in the morning, he comforted me and said he'd sort it all out. I've been watching movies and relaxing ever since. But I'm starting to worry and miss him. It feels good to not be terrified all the time. As much as I'm grateful to Dylan, I'm disappointed that I wasn't strong enough to remove myself from that horrific life I was in.

Now that's all going to change, I'll be strong for myself. No one will ever hurt me like that again. I will learn how to fight back and stand my ground. I can't be weak and naive and so fragile. I need to grow and learn from all the trauma I've endured. I hear the front door open and close. I bounce up from the couch and immediately go, expecting to see Dylan's glowing smile. Unfortunately, to my misfortune, it's the twins.

"Hey Mads" the twins say in union. They look like they're up to something. I give them a warning glare, "hey boys" I state and offer a cautious but welcoming smile. "Dyl asked us to come and be with you tonight, he said to tell you he'll be home tomorrow afternoon or something." I frowned as I heard Leonardo explain as he sat down on the couch with his brother. "Why? Where is he?" I ask and go to stand closer. "Business." Firmly responds Lorenzo. "What kind of business" I try to pry out of them but they end the conversation. "Don't worry Mads, you'll know in time. But for now, you need to relax and let Dylan do what he needs to do." And with that, they both watch the movie I left running on the tv.

I sigh and go to the bedroom. Whilst changing into some night wear, I can't help but wonder what business they were talking about. I go to the nightstand and switch on my phone. Wow, 9:03pm. It's not too late I guess, but I decide to go to sleep to make time go faster. Switching the phone off and leaving it back on the nightstand, I go to switch the lights off and I climb into bed waiting for sleep to consume my mind.

"Babe I missed you. Did you miss me?" I back away in fear. "N-no Thomas, go away! I don't want you n-near me!" I scream out loudly. Slap. "How dare you? Have you forgotten your place huh Madelyn?" He steps even closer and kneels to my level. I move my head back and try to put whatever distance I can between his face and mines. "You are sick!" I say unconsciously. I quickly place my hand over my mouth. Shocked at what I said, knowing that will definitely set him off and he'll hit me. "Let me teach you a lesson you stupid girl! Don't you dare think you can speak to me like that! I own you" he spits out and stands up kicking me with rage displayed on his psychotic face.