This Means War

Madelyn's POV

"Wh-who are you?" I ask a tall untidy looking man. "Desmond, I'm Desmond miss...?" He paused implying for me to tell him my name. "This is Madelyn, she's my girl" Thomas says looking directly into Desmond's eyes.

I shake my head instantly. "No I'm not! You kidnapped me twice!" I yell out. Hoping that Desmond might help me out of this situation. Desmond smirks, "oh this is her?" He eyes me up and down.

"This is the girl Dylan Romano fell for?" He smiles at me evilly. "Yo-you know Dylan?" I ask stuttering. "I hate the Romano family!" He roars out angrily.

I flinch at his sudden outburst. "Desmond and I... Are working together against your precious Dylan Romano. I want you and Desmond wants Dylan dead. It's a win-win." Thomas smiles widely.

I run up to him, punching my fists against his chest. It makes no difference. He stands still and rolls his eyes at my attempt to hurt him. I'm crying and shaking, "you can't kill him!" I painfully cry out.

"I will, that's a promise" Desmond says, looking into my eyes and gritting his teeth. "N-no please!" I beg.

"You think I care? I just want him gone! For ruining my entire life!" His tone dangerously tells me. I fall to my knees. Clutching my arms, rocking back and forth. I don't want Dylan to die.

Thomas crouches down at my level. "You see baby, I've got you. Desmond has the firepower and men.  You'll be the bait baby and when Dylan comes, Desmond will step in and kill him" I look at Thomas to see a sinister smirk appear.

"P-please I'll come with you, just don't kill him" I cry. Tears making my vision blurry. "Personally, I don't care. But he keeps getting in my way and I did make Desmond a deal." He tells me cold-heartedly.

"Then call the deal off!" I scream at him loudly. "Pl-please Thomas" I pleaded continuing to sob loudly. "Don't you get it! As long as his heart beats, he'll always be in the way!" Thomas loses it and roars out at me. I lower my head, looking at the ground and I feel hot tears roll down my cheeks.

"We need to start making a plan. They'll come by night, I know it. We only have a couple hours left"   Desmond says ignoring my physical state crumbled on the floor. Thomas nods and they walk out locking the hatch shut.

Thomas was kind enough to bring me soup. It's the one that you add hot water to the powder and mix. It had no taste but it soothed my sore throat from all the screaming and shouting.

"Why can't you just give me a chance baby?" Thomas sighs as he watches me finishing up the last bit of soup in the bowl. "I did, you ruined that chance by hurting me in ways a boyfriend shouldn't" I truthfully tell him my reasons.

"You needed to be taught-" I cut him off by raising my voice over his "no! There's no reason in the world that justifies how you abused me!" Anger boiling within my veins.

"I did it to better our relationship!" He shouts back defensively. "If you loved me, you wouldn't have hurt me or ignore me when I would plead for you to stop. Despite the blood, you didn't stop until you felt it was enough." I say with my words laced with disapproval.

"Well whatever. You will love me again! I suggest you adapt fast because for the rest of our lives... It's you and I." I feel my heart sink deeply.

Frustration and sadness mixing together. I don't respond to him. I turn my head and look to the side. Refusing to meet his eyes and allow him to see the pain I'm hiding within my very own.

I just hope Dylan finds me soon. I-i think I'm in love with him.

Dylan's POV

It's night fall. I hear the crickets amongst the croaking of bull frogs I assume. The sky a dark blue turning into the pitch black of the night. The stars dispersed but shining brightly around the moon that's reflecting the sun's light onto us.