Readjusting

I wake up and instantly feel my face dripping with sweat. It was just a dream. A terrible and painful dream. The type of dream that triggers and that could possibly open up old wounds. I wipe my face with my palm, instantly regretting the action.

"You think you can run" Thomas laughs dryly. I hear his voice from a distance. "We were almost done with your lesson babe, it would of been over by now." I can't believe he thinks it's okay to say something like that. He was beating me, obviously I'm going to run. I just made the biggest mistake of running behind my house, into the bush and not to one of the other houses instead. But I knew better, it would have been worse if I told anyone. "Madelyn, stop playing games with me. I'll find you! I will always find you!" At his words I start to cry more. I don't want this life.

"Mads!" I hear the twins scream from downstairs snapping me back to reality and away from the past. It's 4:56am and the sun is barely up. How are they awake and screaming so early on a Wednesday morning?

I sigh, "yeah?" I scream back and answer. "Come down for a second please" I hear one of them ask. "Okay just give me a few minutes to wake up" I grumpily reply back.

I forcefully drag my legs off the bed and onto the floor and go to the bathroom and do my morning routine. I don't change because I'm a bit lazy and my clothes right now are so warm shielding me from the morning cold.

I go to the couch and I don't see the twins anywhere. "Surprise!" I jump and turn around to see the twins and Dylan standing behind me with the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

At the sight of Dylan, I immediately react and jump at him. Enjoying his arms instantly wrap around me and hold me. I can still feel my heart rapidly beat, still recovering from the scare. "Principessa, did you miss me?" His deep voice fanning just above my ear into my hair. I shiver and smile, "so much, where did you go?"

"I had to attend to some family business, Principessa." He releases and looks down at me smiling. "Like?" I curiously look up to him. "Just family things, now that I'm here. What do you want to do today?" He replied smoothly changing topic. I decide immediately that in time he will tell me. But as of now, I'm just glad he is here and I get to spend time with him. "You decide, i really don't mind." I smile, standing on my tippy toes and placing a kiss on his cheek making him instantly glow brighter than the sun happily.

"I don't know hey, but I feel a bit tired today. Movies perhaps?" He suggests waiting for me to respond. "Sure, I'll get some snacks. You set up a movie? Oh wait what about the twins?" I halt in my steps and look around to try and spot them. But there's nobody in sight. Where'd they go?

As if reading my mind, "They already left. The whole point of them staying was just because of my absence. But I'm here now, so they went home" Dylan said walking away going to probably put on a movie.

I just hum in return and go to get snacks. Since I've been here, I've fairly learnt where the basic things are. We watch a classic, Garfield. It was really good. We spend the day just watching movie after movie, enjoying our time together. By the time we checked our phones, it was already 5 in the afternoon. So we showered and made dinner, Dylan cooked for me. He made pizza. Easy to whip up and it was so delicious! We ended up going to bed around 9pm. Back to school tomorrow, missing two days of school. I feel more relaxed than ever. Sadly, tomorrow it's back to normal. Luckily, difference is now that I've got someone amazing such as Dylan by my side. With that thought, I get lost in the darkness and drift to sleep with Dylan holding me.

Thursday morning. I woke up to Dylan still holding me tight, he's adorable I swear. I looked over and took my phone from the nightstand to see it's 6:11am. I gently shake Dylan awake and tell him we've got school. I have to catch up and get back to my life. I can't be scared forever.

Today I decided to wear one of Dylan's blue plain hoodies with my normal jeans and colour faded shoes. Dylan said he'll take me shopping this weekend which I obviously strongly declined but knowing him, he is stubborn and will drag me there himself. I blame the Italian blood in him that makes him so stubborn ugh.

Dylan made breakfast, romantic right? Wrong! I guess frying bacon isn't really his speciality. But the gesture is sweet. It's 7am and school starts in an hour.

Dylan picks up Brianna on the way and we go to school. We arrive at 7:17am. There waiting by Dylan's parking spot, was Mateo. I turned around from the front seat to smirk at Brianna. Immediately her eyes found the sight of the man. It's no secret that Mateo, like Dylan, is a fine man. Every girl would drool over the whole group but especially over Dylan and Mateo. To get with either one of them is of the highest honour.

Mateo is tall, about 6'2 whilst Dylan is around 6'3. Mateo has gorgeous blond hair and hazel eyes and Dylan has grey eyes with pitch black hair. Both are beautiful to the eyes. They both bare pink-red medium plump lips and are fair skinned.

The twins both have dark brown hair with streaks of blond with striking light hazel eyes. They are 6'0. Lorenzo and Leonardo are both short compared to the others. Leo is 5'9 and his brother 5'89. Although they are short, they are the most muscular. Black hair and black eyes seem to be their family trait but none the less still very alluring and handsome with their plump dark pink lips and fair skin.

As we get out the car, Brianna runs to Mateo and he instantly embraces her with wide arms and picking her off her feet and spinning her around. He nuzzles his face into her neck and I know my best friend must be beet red by now. I feel Dylan come next to me and moves his arm to hold me at his side by pulling me closer by my waist. He admires them too. I mean who couldn't? They are so cute.

"Okay, we all get it, you guys are coupled up. Lets go." Leo says. "Oh, don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a new girl this week and join us!" I smirk at him and everyone chuckles. "Haha funny, but it's not my fault they all want me", he pouts. I roll my eyes. "Get over yourself", Lorenzo nudges him and walks off towards the school entrance. We all follow with a grumpy looking Leonardo joining us.

As I walk in, I notice the stares I'm being given. I guess not everyone has accepted that I'm with Dylan. And whilst in my thoughts, I get pushed and fall to the floor. I look up and see a red head with freckles and brown eyes with thin pink lips. Melissa Lance. The queen bee I suppose. Always trying to get with every boy in sight. "Oops, sorry Norlyse. Didn't see you there. Anyways, Dylan baby why don't you ditch her and come with me?" she suggests. Big mistake. I get up and stand in front of her face to face. She's 5'3 whilst I'm 4'8 but I don't care.

"If you think I'm still that girl who use to never say anything and let people push her around, you're wrong", and with that, I gave her a shove and grabbed Dylan's hand and eyed her — whilst I walked past her to go anywhere away from her caked up face.

"Woah, Mads! That was awesome! You totally showed her!" Brianna said clapping her hands like a 4 year old. I smirked at her. "Yeah M, that was bad ass. I'm proud of my sister" Mateo said squishing my cheeks together. I smacked his hands away, "stop it. I'm not a baby" I whined. "Maybe not to everyone else but you are mines" Dylan whispered in my ear causing me to get goosebumps and blush. I hid my face by putting my hair to the sides and told the others we should go to class early.

They obviously groaned but they knew I needed to catch up and eventually agreed and we all went our separate ways.

First lesson is Afrikaans with Miss Flora which starts in about 29 minutes. It's 7:31am. I go to class and head for the back row. I sit in my usual spot which is always at the corner. Putting my backpack down leaning on my desk's leg, I take out all my necessary books and prepare for the lesson. Melissa started me off today in a bad mood and I know she'll grace me with her presence again. Gosh, stupid thirsty bitch.