Day 2

5:03am

I wake up to sea gulls and a never ending blue sky that stretches further than the sea. The smell of salt in the wind breeze and sound of the traveling waves makes this a morning worth waking up too.

Events of last night replay itself in my mind and I turn to my left to see a peaceful sleeping Dylan. His soft snores are silenced by the sound around us. I smile thinking that last night was the most beautiful night I've ever experienced.

I stroke his face and Dylan stirs awake. "Mmm morning principessa" he says kissing me and smiling with his eyes still closed.

My tummy growls and I blush embarrassed. He chuckles and I block my face. "No need to be shy principessa, come let's go wash our face and eat sí?" He adds moving my hands away from my face. I nod, "sí".

"I've got a nice long day planned" Dylan says after we got up and put our clothes on that I packed for us. We're now walking on the island shore taking a long route to the island house.

8:32am

"That was beyond delicious principessa" Dylan says sucking his fingers ever so passionately. "Well, you helped me make the pesto chicken, tortellini, and vegetables for us" I smile at him. "All I did was chop the baby tomatoes in halves" he pouts at me and my heart instantly melts.

Dylan's POV

Dylan's POV

Right now Madelyn is taking a hot shower. It's 8:45am and after Madelyn's shower I'm taking her to do some activities with me that's fun.

Ring...

Ring...

I look at my phone to see Mateo calling. I immediately pick up sighing. "Hey bro, what's up?" I ask casually. "Boss we've got a huge problem. We recieved a message." Mateo says getting straight to the point. "What kind of message and from whom?" I ask with precaution. "Madelyn's parents were killed and their blood was used to write with, on the wall by their bodies. It said ' it's time for your reckoning Madelyn. ' and that's it. This happened about an hour ago. We're still investigating privately off course but we do have a hair sample that don't belong to any of the Norlyse family members." I swallow hard trying to make sense of this mess.

"Right, good work. I'll let you know whether I'm going home or staying here as planned" I run my fingers through my hair exhausted already. "Okay boss but as a brother I suggest you don't come back. Whoever it is, is here and doesn't know Madelyn isn't in Blackwood at the moment. That will keep Madelyn safe" I nod at what his saying to me. "Yeah, that's true. Alright we're staying but keep me posted on what's going on yes?" I ask. "yes boss" is all Mateo says and hangs up.