Sister, Sister

Madelyn's POV

Last night was a whirlwind. I found out my parents are dead and it's because of me.

Not to mention I only discovered I've got a sibling yesterday and I still haven't met her. Now I understand why Dylan has been acting off with me. Because of the murder and my half sister.

It's so hard to believe my parents are dead and I've got a sister who reached out to me. But nevertheless, I'm pleased and eager to meet her.

So with that said, today I'll be meeting her officially. I got her number last night and decided to message her.

Last night

Me: hey, Uhm I'm Madelyn. Sorry I'm not sure where to even begin here.

Maria: hey, I'm Maria Ronae but just call me ron or Ronae. Yeah it's weird. I use to imagine for so long what I'd say to you and now here I am telling you what I thought about what I thought to say. Excuse me, I blabber when I'm nervous.

Me: haha, must be a sister thing. I do too! Is it too soon to be saying that? Is it okay?

Maria: it's totally okay. On the subject of things being too soon... Is it too soon to meet or can we meet up tomorrow? I want to finally meet you. After my mum told me about you I swear I searched high and low.

Me: oh yes! Tomorrow is a done deal girl! I would love to meet you. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow. Let's leave the chat for then 😉.

Maria: indeed! See ya♥️.

Me: ♥️

Now I'm just waiting at Miam!, Miss Auch's sweet ice cream shop for my sister to show. "H-hello?" I turn around to see a beautiful girl. Long silky black hair, with gorgeous big but alluring eyes and plump pink lips. She's quite tall too. Must be got our father's height. I mean if her mum told her about me then that must mean my father had an affair or something but either way we share the same father.

I stand up and hug my divine looking, brown-eyed half sister and we proceed to take a seat. It's 9:08am and Dylan brought me but he dropped me off and he went on his way to wherever.

"So you're my sister" Maria says smiling at me warmly. "And you're mine" I return her smile. "I see brown eyes is something we both got in common" she chuckles slightly and I do too.

"You're quite taller than me. I assume your mum is tall too?" I ask her. "Yes very much." She says looking around the store.

"So do you know the story of our parents by any chance? I have no idea about anything it seems like" I say slightly embarrassed. "Yes I do. My mum was working as a waitress in Australia when your father came to the diner she worked in. They hit it off immediately. They had a good time for weeks. But when she fell pregnant with me, o-our dad said he had one wife and child back h-home he didn't need a-any more worries in h-h-his life. So he fled and mum struggled raising me on her own but we were happy" Maria says wiping away a stray tear.

"That sounds like him. Trust me, I wish he would have left me. He isn't a good person" I say remembering how he use to hit me and hurt me every single day for the smallest things or even for absolutely no reason at all.

"Mum said he was quite a heavy drinker. Even if he was a drunk, I think it's better to have a dad than not have one but I get we all have different opinions" she tells me not understanding my previous statement.

"Maria h-he abused me" my voice breaks telling her. Her eyes go wide and her skin turns pale. "H-he did w-what?" She adds, moving her hand to hold mine. "Oh I'm so sorry" she whimpers. I shake my head. "It's all over with. M-my parents died Maria. O-our father j-just died" I tell her struggling to keep my emotions in check. I don't know how to feel.

"I-i'm sorry for your loss" Maria tells me still holding my hand. I smile at her warmly "it's okay. I-it actually doesn't really affect me. It's just after everything he's done to me and I hate feeling responsible" I say and I know she won't understand. She looks at me confused.

"H-he got murdered and there's suspicion it's because of me" I try to mildly tell her but not to get her involved in this situation.

"I-i wanted to meet him but from what you're telling me about him. Looks like it wasn't going to be worth meeting him at all. But I am happy I got to meet you!" She tells me and I chuckle. "Me too Maria, me too" I smile at her and she smiles back at me.

1 Hour Later

"Oh my gosh!" I howl out with laughter. "You did not steal his wig infront of the whole school!" I laugh even more.

Maria was just telling me how she stole her school principal's wig from his head on assembly day. That's bad ass.

I grin at her, "you are epic!" I tell her amused. She shrugs, "thank you, it's a talent of mine" and then she grins at me widely. "So any boyfriend?" I ask Maria wiggling my brows at her reddened face. "I-i do like somebody back at home but I'm not sure. It's just all I've ever known was my friendship with him. How do I know I like him if I've never liked anyone?" She sighs. "that sounds like a complicated situation." I say and she nods speedily agreeing with me a hundred percent.

"And you Maddy?" Maria asks me. "Y-yes I do and he is amazing" I tell her feeling my cheeks go red too.

I'm not sure how anyone else would react to all this but I'm embracing this because Maria and I really do get along and we have so much in common. It feels like we've known each other our whole lives.