You Can Treat A Old Dog New Tricks

"-you are lying! My father would never say such things! This is just a trick to get me to turn against him" Desmond angrily screams out.

When we got home, we went straight to Desmond and played the recorded conversation for him and now he's responding badly to the proof.

"Ah but Desmond it's the proof. We did this so you can see who your father is and what kind of man he really is" I hear Luca try to convince Desmond. "H-he said you people do this type of thing. That you'd try to turn son against father. Well it won't work!" Desmond grits out. I can basically see the steam exit his ears rapidly. His face looks red and flushed.

This guy must have a very bad temperament yikes. I step forward, "Desmond do you think it's possible you're just in denial. I know you Desmond. You've been fighting for daddy's approval since I've met you. It's clear to any fool you seek your father's love. Let us help you find a stable and loving family. Join us. I don't normally do this but I know your loyalty is strongly rooted. But be that as it may, I know it isn't given stupidly. Come on Desmond." I try to come in with a heart to heart approach.

It's silent. So quiet you can hear a pin drop as it descends traveling with the air. "I-i I just wanted a father who would love me" Desmond says after a couple minutes. Luca sighs and goes to untie him. Desmond sits in the chair with his hands on his lap and with his mind in an absolute daze.

You can see the water building and streaming from his glossy eyes. His face wears an emotionless expression but his silent tears tell us he's in utter defeat. I hear the door open and in enters my father.

He walks straight to Desmond, passing the boys and I. He touches Desmond's shoulders to bring Desmond to his feet and pulls him in a fatherly hug. A hug ever so warm and safe. With such a simple action, Desmond breaks down and unleashes his contained cries into the ice cold lingering air all around the room. 

I can only feel pity for Desmond. I've never known what it's like to not have a good family. My family are the boys and my parents. I've always had them and always needed them. It's a vice versa thing.

Desmond eventually calms down, still in my father's arms and I take that as a que to go see Madelyn.

A month later

It's been a month and Desmond has officially joined the Romano clan. Becoming one of us, we always throw a party in the new member's honour. To celebrate a new family member coming into our lives.

Madelyn seems a lot better. She was distraught and really traumatized by the recent event of Thomas taking her, again.

I look in the mirror. My suit all smooth and my crisp white shirt perfect. I wear a long tie instead of that old fashioned but eccentric black bow. I look smart.

Madelyn's POV

Madelyn's POV

I look at myself in the body length mirror in my room. I've been sleeping in my own room since Thomas took me again. I need my space and thankfully my Dylan understands that. Dylan had a spare room next to his on the top of the staircase by his place. I never noticed it but oh well that's where I sleep now.