Mastermind

Madelyn's POV

"Tyler!" Bri screams and everyone immediately cups their ears. "Ouch!" Shantel glares at Bri as Leonardo rubs her back in slow circles. "Yeah" I say. I just finished updating the girls on what had happened. Shantel knew of Tyler. Talked to him once but that was it.

Only Brianna, Shantel and I met Tyler. The girls didn't even know someone named Tyler went to our high school. "I don't understand the big deal here" Fabiola shrugs. "The deal is, something isn't right" Antonio informs her.

She just nods to him and flicks the steaming water with her index finger. We're all currently in the hot tub, which is definitely much needed and this hot tub is so huge! I've never seen anything like it.

"So what's the plan?" Mateo speaks up. We all look to Dylan to see him deep in thought as he plays with my hair silently. "I'm not sure. There's so many things to do. We have to follow the plan, checkmate and catch out Thomas with Melissa as we suspect. We have to also see why Tyler suddenly appeared. There's too much of a coincidence, I feel to all of this. It just doesn't add up" Dylan finishes off as he picks up his head to look at Mateo.

After Dylan told me about Tyler earlier on in the morning. We settled in and went to bed but woke up by 9am to retrieve our things as Dylan's people brought our belongings from the mansion to here. It's now around 8:49pm and we decided about an hour ago that we should get in the hot tub to relax.

When we woke up this morning, Dylan told me he felt uneasy about everything and frankly, I don't blame him at all. Tyler disappeared suddenly and now reappears again? My parents were murdered and I find out I have a sister. Then Thomas escapes and is trying to possibly kill me this time. I feel Dylan is right about all this.

"Mr Romano" we all turn our heads and I see a young boy. Around 15 or so, doesn't look like a local boy though and he's looking nervously at Dylan. "What is it?" Dylan asks in his deep voice. It sends shivers down my spine and I feel myself getting goosebumps hearing the tone of Dylan's voice.

"W-we recieved some news" the boys fiddles with his fingers as he struggles to meet Dylan's eyes. "You can say it in front of us all, it's alright" he nods to the young boy. "It appears Thomas isn't the one behind all of this. We did as you said and have been tracking Thomas. We put a bug in the room he's renting at in the motel and we believe he's following the orders of somebody else. There's several emails that's encrypted and it's being sent between two people. Thomas and we assume whoever it is he's working for."

I feel my heart sink. Someone is controlling Thomas? 

"Could you not track to where the email is going?" Dylan looks fierce. Like he could hunt someone down and torture them. This young man just happens to appear as prey. "It's encrypted sir" the boy gulps. "Okay, good work. Keep at it though. You can leave" I watch Dylan wave his hand dismissing the young man. And he practically runs away.

"I knew it" Dylan brings his fist down to the wooden floor around the hot tub angrily. "Now we're one step closer right?" Zolia looks to the boys and Mateo nods when Dylan doesn't say a word.

Suddenly Shantel claps her hands once to grab our attention. "alright alright, I'm sure we can worry about that tomorrow yes?" Her hopeful eyes peer at mine and I give in. "Yeah, we don't need to deal with this all right now baby" I encourage and put my hand on Dylan's clenched fist.

He seems to have snapped out of his thoughts because he gives me a slight smile. I pull myself closer to Dylan's warm body and I feel our chest touch. I place my hand on his cheek. I watch as he leans down slowly and pecks my lips affectionately. "I guess you both are right" Dylan says with his face just millimetres away from mine.

I feel my breath hitch as he slides his hands on the bare skin of my waist and he puts his arms around me. "Fantastic!" Brianna loudly and enthusiastically says. Mateo chuckles, shaking his head and he pulls Brianna to his side as he leaves his one arm around her waist.

I watch my best friend blush like a little school girl and I snicker at her bright red cheeks. "Stop it" she whines and splashes water on me. I just laugh louder and everybody joins in. "Luca, put some music on man" Lorenzo nudges Luca and he twists his body to turn around.

He brings his portable speaker to him and presses a button. Soon music fills the air and we decided to head to the pool. Our bodies basically on fire from being in the hot tub for so long.

Luca carries the speaker in his one hand and holds Montana's hand with his other one. "snacks?" Antonio offers the group and we all nod. He rolls his eyes but he and Fabiola still go to get some snacks for us.

"Please" I hear Leonardo drag out. "I said no!" An angry Shantel shouts at Leo. "But I want to play 'i spy', why don't we play?" Leo still nags her. His twin comes behind him and smacks him on the back of his head. "Hey!" Leo turns around and glares at Lorenzo. "she said no you idiot" he says annoyed at Leo.

"She's my girlfriend not yours" Leo punches his arm and runs away. Before Lorenzo could bolt off after Leonardo, zolia tugs his hand and kisses his cheek. He smiles at her and goes to kiss her forehead.

For the rest of the night we played some water games. Like when couples fight in the water. The guys put the girls on their shoulders and the girls have to push each other. We also played marco polo which was fun.

Antonio came back with crackers and cream cheese with some juice for us. We all snacked on that and had so much of fun. It was a really good distraction after finding out the things we found out tonight.