Well That Took A Turn

After Afrikaans with Miss Flora, before my second class I go to the bathroom to freshen up. I feel on edge, I have no idea why.

I pack up my stuff and bid Miss Flora bye, and make my way to the girls bathroom. Opening the door, I walk in and hear it swing close behind me, whilst I put my bag down, and stand in front of the basin; looking at myself in the mirror on the wall.

"Deep breaths, Madelyn. Deep breaths." I remind myself and breathe in and out. I turn on the cold metal silver tap, hearing the water run out of it. I look down and cup my hands gathering water, splashing it on my face.

"You seem stressed, babe." I stiffen. That voice. It can't be. I slowly bring my head up and look into the mirror. Behind me I see him, I see Thomas. "W-what?" I stutter. "You seem so stressed babe, let me help you", I watch him smirk at me and come closer. I turn around immediately. Leaving the tap running.

"No! Don't you come any closer to me!" I voice out trying to sound strong. He looks at me for a second and a loud laugh erupts from him. "You've gotten even funnier, now enough of this foolishness. We're leaving!" Thomas demands, grabbing my wrist pulling me towards his body.

"Le-let me go! I won't go anywhere with you, you monster!" I harshly scream at him. I get shocked at what I just called him. Monster. I've thought it but I don't know if I ever said it.

I stop fighting and look up to see the colour in his eyes change. I can see rage in them. "If you don't do what I say, I'll kill Brianna. Your choice." I feel myself go cold. He knows her! How could he be so heartless. I stay silent and keep my head facing the ground. Feeling my tears drip down my face, falling to the floor.

"Good girl. Now lets get going!" He says tightening his grip on my wrist and pulling me out the bathroom door.

We walk out the bathroom and the school hallway is completely empty. Students are probably already in class. We walk to the entrance of the school and when we get outside, Thomas turns to me.

"You've been good babe, but you can't know where we're going." Thomas strokes my face lovingly, but all I feel from him is disgust. I hear the screeching of car tires and a black van comes right next to us.

And within a split second, I feel something hit my head and everything goes dark instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear voices, i start to slowly regain consciousness and wake up. I instantly hold my head, it hurts so bad. What the hell happened?

My eyes adjust to the minimal light in the room. Concrete dark grey walls, cold concrete floor and a single mattress with a pillow and blanket. There's a small toilet with a sink in the corner and a bar window just above it.

I look for a way out, I see a big silver metal door. Thomas. I remember! He hit me and knocked me out. Something about not knowing where we were going to go. I guess we're here then.

"Thomas!" I call out, groaning at my throbbing head. "Wh-where are you?" I ask drained and completely weak. It's like I have no energy in my body.

"Wha-what do you want with me?" I ask quickly losing my little strength. He steps out from the shadows, "Isn't it obvious by now Madelyn? You!" I look at him as if he lost his mind. Well, he actually did to think this is normal!

"You're insane!" I look at him with utter disgust. "Dylan will help the police to find me!" I scream at him, my voice laced in confidence. "Well babe, your parents got that covered." Thomas chuckles darkly.

I hear the door open and two familiar figures walk in. "No laws are broken, you're with your parents." Roxanne smirks at me menacingly. "You-you're in on this with him? Why hate me so much?" I cry out shaking uncontrollably. "You deserve no happiness!" Roxanne screams out at me angrily, John just nodding his head in agreement with her. "Right, that's enough now. She's all mines. Just make sure you tell the police you guys sent her to stay with family in Australia if they come and ask you." Thomas casually says as if I'm not here. "No, you can't do this!" I scream. "Good luck with her. And remember, no returning her." Roxanne laughs out with John joining her.

Dylan will come for me. He'll help me right? I mean, he cares doesn't he?

I watched my 'parents' walk out with Thomas leaving me alone in this cold filthy room. I go to the mattress and lay on it and cry myself to sleep.

I wake up in a shock, I look in front of me to see Thomas standing holding a tray. "Wha-what?" I ask and rub my sore eyes, "I said it's time to eat, here's breakfast. I'll bring you a change of clothes too" Thomas tells me bending down to leave the tray on the floor.

On the tray I see a white chipped bowl with milk and cereal floating around. There's a tablespoon next to the bowl and a tall glass of water. Thomas walks out and comes back in a minute later with a bra and underwear set; with a large hoodie and sweatpants. "Can i-i please shower a-and use a normal toilet?" I ask hesitantly watching Thomas's eyes roam my dirty body. "Sure babe" I release a breath and relax a bit. Finally, a warm shower at least.

Thomas guides me out the room. We go up wooden stairs to a lounge I think it is? Beige walls, brown sofa and brown furniture. There's a large white door that's closed. I see a pot plant by the side of the door and hear birds chirping but I can't see outside, everything is too bright. We go up another couple of steps and come to a large passage with a white door at the end.

Thomas leads me inside and introduces to me his bedroom. Everything is beige and white. The curtains are drawn so I can't see out the window. In the room is a built in bathroom. White tiles and a proper toilet with a shower area with a showerhead positioned downwards to use.

"Th-thank you" I mumble out to him and stand at the bathroom door waiting for him to go out. "It's not a problem, go ahead." He says confusing me. "Can you give m-me privacy?" I plead. "I'm not going anywhere." He smirks at me. "I-i need to use the toilet." I desperately say. "Fine!" He huffs and walks out closing the door.

After I use the toilet, I start removing my clothes. I hear the door open and I instantly grab a towel to hide my exposed skin on the upper half of my body. "W-what are y-you d-d-doing?" I ask stuttering. "Watching you, now give me the towel!" he harshly grabs the towel and I use my arms to cover my skin. "I'll do much more than just watch if you don't remove your arms and carry on with your shower." He warns me darkly.

"No, p-please don't do this" I try to reason with him. "I won't tell you again" he says sternly. I can't stop the tears that flow down my cheeks. I take off my clothes completely and stand under the showerhead as Thomas puts it on. I feel his eyes watch as the drops of water explores my body, trailing down my skin. I close my eyes and silently cry. "So beautiful" I hear him say. I feel violated and so vulnerable. I need to end this, once and for all.