Planning: Operation Checkmate

1 Week Later

"Babe, you alright?" Dylan asks me and i shake my head no. Right now we're at Dylan's place and I haven't really been anywhere since the Melissa, Maria and I incident.

"What's Melissa doing? Now that she knows Maria is my sister, how can she still be friends with her? Melissa hates me and the feeling is mutual but none of this makes sense." I say to Dylan honestly.

"I have something to tell you, I only found this out a day ago and I need you to be calm about it all okay?" Dylan asks me and I nod agreeing.

"It's vital that my guys keep on investigating everything thoroughly. With that being said, we looked into Melissa and found out some things." Dylan tells me scratching the back of his head. "Go on" I encourage getting closer to him. We're sitting on his 6 seater couch and we were watching movies.

"We believe she's the person giving information to Thomas about everyone." Dylan finally lets out. I'm not shocked but I am confused as to why. What does she gain from all this?

"That's not all unfortunately, I believe she's the one who helped him escape and that she's the one who put rumours that there's going to be an attack on our base in Italy." Dylan looks at me expressionless. "Don't do that" I demand. "don't do what?" He asks confused. "don't make me feel like I'm the only one going through all these rollercoaster emotions alone" I say with tears forming in my eyes.

"Listen, right now I have to be good at what I do because I can't afford to have my emotions cloud my judgement. It doesn't work that way. If I do feel and let my emotions consume me, people will die baby" Dylan comes and wraps his arms around me and I break down.

"It's alright, I won't let anyone hurt you Madelyn" I feel myself sink inside the confines of his arms.

During the day, 11:02am

"What's up Maddy girl?" Leonardo asks annoying me as usual. Dylan rolls his eyes but explains anyway. He called the girls and the guys to come over so that he could talk to them and tell them what he told me.

I watch how the guys tense up but the girls shudder and become angry quick. "that cow of a person!" Shantel scolds out to nobody in particular. I try not to laugh at her words used.

"Liam told me he had information but he wouldn't tell me saying it's part of your orders. That no one knows until you do." Mateo pieces things together. Dylan just nods.

"What are we going to do then?" Zolia asks gaining everyone's attention. "you ladies won't do anything, we will take care of it all" Antonio says looking to Dylan and he nods to Dylan who nods back too. "we just want you girls to know so you can take necessary precautions" Dylan informs and I understand now.

Dylan isn't leaving me to go through everything alone. He's doing this specifically because he loves me. I get up from the six seater couch where all the ladies were sitting and I go to Dylan. I wrap my arms around his waist and he wraps his around my neck and we just hug.

Within that hug I feel safe and sound knowing it's with him. "You guys I've got it! Operation checkmate!" Montana exclaims getting up from the couch too and smiling at us all.

"Use your words girl. What are you saying?" Brianna asks rubbing her temples on either side of her head. "Dylan can you locate Thomas and check his movement? Try and find a pattern in the locations he goes to" Montana tells Dylan. "okay but why Montana?" Dylan asks further.

"We're going to use it to our advantage. I think I just might have a plan." Montana smirks and I inwardly feel myself getting nervous about this already.

"Babe care to, I don't know, share" Luca rolls his eyes and I shush him. "We're going to call this operation checkmate. To learn about information, it might be a long process which in Thomas's case might be accurate to say and to assume. With that, us learning his movements might tell us when and the time period between, does he go to one particular spot consistently. We'll also monitor Melissa and see her pattern movements and connect them. Then we'll be able to appear the next time they meet and checkmate" Montana explains and I get what she's saying. "But what if they are talking online?" I ask. "they can't and Thomas isn't stupid. He'll know I would of had to take Melissa into consideration as a suspect to be his inside person to everything whilst his off the grid. So basically he would expect for me to be going into her call logs, messages and social media platforms. Any form of communication online." Dylan says.

"Okay, I see" is all I say and go into deep thought. This is all really scary. But hats off to me for not getting kidnapped this time.

"Baby you okay?" Dylan asks me whilst the group talks about things. "I'm just, I don't want my sister who I just found to die too" I say. "Hey, no one is dying. I promise you" he tells me and kisses me passionately on the lips and I gladly kiss him back.

Dylan just calms me down and I love how our love is so strong. I mean yeah it gets annoying sometimes being with somebody 24/7 without a breather but we do have time apart. Dylan is scary but overall who knew the big bad mafia don would fall for someone as unimportant as me? Who knew I'd be the one to hold his heart and get to keep it? He's the love of my life. "I love you" I tell him. He smiles at me. "I love you too baby" and with that he kisses me again.