Chapter Forty Two:

"Hi!" Hermione greeted Lily upon entry to the room.

"Hey Hermione." Lily replied.

Fred and George dropped her trunk off before apperating away. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"They've been doing that since I got here." She said.

"Yeah, they love to pop up out of nowhere and scare people out of their wits." Lena agreed.

"At least they feel slightly bad about doing it to you two." Ginny said, flopping down onto her bed, "But I'm their sister, so apparently that means they get to scare me as much as they want, guilt free!"

Lena laughed so Ginny stuck her tongue out at her.

"But anyways, how was your summer?" Ginny asked.

"It was okay." Lily said, "Not like Hogwarts."

"I'm sorry your family doesn't treat you right." Hermione said, placing a hand on Lily's shoulder.

"Could be worse." Lily shrugged, thinking back to Aunt Marge before shaking herself out of her thoughts, "Well what about you guys?"

"It was pretty good." Hermione said, "I got to see my parents before coming here."

"That's great." Lily smiled.

"This was pretty much my entire summer." Ginny said, gesturing around the room, "Cleaning out this old house and praying Fred and George don't give me a heart attack!"

Lily laughed a little before turning to the last girl.

"What about you, Lena?" She asked.

"Um, it's been pretty good." Lena said, "Just helping mum and dad out, and staying here."

Ginny giggled, and Lena blushed.

"What?" Lily asked, not knowing why Hermione and Ginny were giving Lena those looks.

"Well, we think Lena's got a secret crush!" Hermione exclaimed.

Lena groaned and buried her face into a pillow on her bed.

"Really?" Lily asked, interested.

"She's been writing them all summer." Ginny noted.

"Aww, who is it?" Lily asked.

"No one!" Lena's muffled voice protested.

"Oh come on, Lena, we won't tell the boys!" Hermione promised.

Ginny stood up and stole Lena's pillow.

"Nooooooo!" Lena said, blushing madly, "I don't have a secret crush!"

"Then who have you been writing?" Ginny asked.

"My friends." Lena said.

"Really? And what's going on with Neville, Luna, and Deci that's soooooooo riveting, you exchange a billion letters daily?" Ginny asked.

"Oh hush!" Lena said, but she blushed even more.

"What house are they in?" Hermione teased.

"No house!"

"Oh, so they're a muggle?" Ginny said.

"No!"

Lily and the other girls laughed at Lena before eventually she began laughing too.

"You guys are the worst!" Lena said.

"You love us dearly." Ginny corrected.

"Ugh, why do you know everything?"