Chapter Twenty Four:

October came quickly, and with it, the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. When they arrived and Ron caught sight of Viktor Krum, he was ecstatic.

"He's just a person, Ron." Hermione rolled her eyes as Ron was going on about the Quidditch player at dinner.

"Yeah, a bloody brilliant one!" He exclaimed.

Harry smirked at Ron's behavior and Lily just shook her head. She was still avoiding Draco, much to his disappointment. Lily just didn't want to spend her time with someone who was ashamed of her.

After dinner that night, the Goblet of Fire was revealed to the students and they began to place their names in the cup.

"Wouldn't that be great?" Ron asked, staring at the Goblet, "To have a chance to compete?"

"Eh." Hermione shrugged.

"I wouldn't want to." Lily agreed, "I'm not really one for "eternal glory"."

"Yeah and I think I get enough attention as it is." Harry joked.

Ron wasn't paying much attention to them though, because in that moment, Viktor entered his name into the Goblet. Lily gave a quiet laugh as Ron was finally shaken out of his daze by Harry nudging him in the side.

"Let's just go up to bed." Harry said, "I'm really tired."

"Oh, okay." Ron sighed, following the others as they stood up.

Lily lingered back to talk to Neville, Lena and Ginny on the way to the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Fred and George want to enter." Ginny informed them as they walked up the staircase.

"Of course they do." Neville shuddered, "Can you just imagine all those people staring at you, counting on you, while you were faced with all those dangerous tasks?!"

"That sounds horrible." Lily nodded.

"I dunno, I think it'd be kinda cool." Ginny said.

"Really?" Lena asked.

"Yeah, sort of."

"Ginny, the Hogwarts Champion!" Lily announced, causing Ginny to laugh.

"It sounds like it could be fun!" She tried to defend.

"Yeah, but I'm kind of glad we're too young to enter yet." Lena said, "I don't want to spend the entire tournament on the edge of my seat, worrying about you getting hurt."

"Aw, thanks Lena." Ginny smiled.

When they reached their dorms, they went their separate ways, Lily joining Hermione, Lavender and Pavarti in their dorm. Out of all three girls Lily shared a dorm with, she was closest to Hermione. Lavender and Pavarti were okay, but liked to gossip, especially Lavender.

Lily got ready for bed, and laid down, ready to start to drift off to sleep when she heard a noise at the window. She sat up, confused and Hermione did the same. Lavender and Pavarti were already asleep, so Hermione walked over to the window and opened it up. Just as she did so, an owl flew in with a letter and landed on Lily's bed.

"Strange." Hermione mused, observing the bird, "I wonder who wants to reach you so urgently, they couldn't wait until morning?"