Chapter Fifty Two:

Lily was a bit nervous for her date. She changed her outfit twice before Hermione said that she looked great, and forced her out of their dorm. Lily fidgeted with her hands as she waited outside her dorm, having gotten ready early. After a few seconds of waiting, she decided she would surprise Hayden and head to the Slytherin Common Room instead.

She began the walk, clutching her wand to her side in secret when she entered the dungeons, just in case. She was almost to the entrance to their common room when she heard her name called.

"Lily?" Draco asked, surprised to see her, "What're you doing down here? Were you looking for me?"

He looked a bit flushed, but Lily didn't comment on it.

"Um, no, sorry." She said, "I was going to wait for my date here."

Draco's face fell blank.

"Oh." He said, "You have a... date."

"Yeah." Lily replied, suddenly feeling super nervous, "With Hayden."

"Hayden Riles?" Draco asked.

"Yes."

"I didn't know you knew Hayden." He frowned.

"We met when I was looking for some friends in Slytherin." Lily explained.

"Even though I warned you about that?"

"Oh, yeah... sorry." Lily apologized.

Draco didn't answer right away.

"So you like girls?" He asked, not maintaining eye contact.

"Um, I'm not sure." Lily replied honestly, "But I've never been on a date before, so..."

"Right." Draco said, leaning against the wall.

"W-what're you doing?" Lily asked him.

"Waiting with you until she gets here." He said, "I wouldn't want you ambushed by the sixth years or anything."

"Yeah... that's actually how we met." Lily said, before immediately regretting it.

"You were attacked?! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"No! I mean, yes I was technically attacked, but Hayden helped me... and I might've punched one of them... in the face... oh god, I'm violent."

"You punched someone?" Draco looked absolutely puzzled.

"He called my parents cowards." Lily mumbled.

"I'm sorry." Draco said, "That's not right."

"Yeah." She agreed.

There was an awkward silence between them for a moment.

"Even after being attacked, you still chose to come down here?" Draco asked her.

"Well, I did have my wand ready." Lily admitted, "But yeah."

"Bloody Gryffindors." Draco sighed.

"Hey!" Lily said, offended.

"I mean, you're all so brave." He added, "Recklessly so sometimes."

"You think I'm brave?" Lily asked, heart warming.

"Of course I do." Draco nodded, "You're like the bravest person I know."

"...oh... thank you." She said genuinely.

"It's true." Was all Draco had left to say.

"Hey Lily!" Hayden called, walking up to them, "And uh, hi Draco."

"Riles."

"Are you ready to go?" Hayden asked Lily.

Lily suddenly felt like she was being torn in two. Unable to find her words, she merely nodded.