Chapter Sixteen:

The teens went back through the tunnel and Remus levitated Snape out while Sirius dragged a whimpering Peter. Once they were outside, however, everything went wrong. Remus staggered.

"Remus?" Logan asked, "Remus, what...? Didn't you take the potion?!"

He slowly shook his head. Logan's eyes widened.

"Sirius, protect the kids." She commanded.

"Lo-"

"NOW." She yelled.

Sirius let go of Peter and moved in front of the teens. Snape stirred on the grass, but all eyes were on Remus as he shifted and Logan slowly approached him.

"Remus." She said calmly, "It's me. It's Logan."

He looked at her and snarled, preparing to attack.

"This isn't your fault." Logan added, "No matter what happens, I love you."

Remus in his werewolf form slowly relaxed a bit. Then, Snape, still half dazed, shot a spell at him. The spell hit the werewolf and he prepared to attack the closest thing to him- Logan. She was pushed out of the way by a large black dog and Sirius no longer stood in front of the kids. Snape took his spot after helping Logan up from the ground.

"It's not him, we have to-" Logan frantically said while Sirius tried to lead Remus away.

Sirius' dog form whimpered as he was clawed by the werewolf. Harry, let go of Lily's hand and darted out from around Logan and Snape.

"Harry!" Lily protested.

"NO!" Logan and Snape cried, reaching for the boy, but he was too fast.

He ran after the werewolf and threw a rock at him to get his attention. It worked and the werewolf was now prepared to attack Harry. Suddenly, a distant howl pierced through the night. The werewolf turned and ran off into the forest towards the sound.

"Harry!" Logan called, trying to get the boy to return to her side, but he had already run down to find Sirius.

"Severus, stay with the kids, I'll go after him." Logan said.

Ron let out a noise of pain that caused Logan to freeze.

"You need to get them back to the castle." Snape said, "I'll find Potter."

Logan didn't look happy about it, but she glanced back at the scared and injured teens and nodded.

"Can you stand?" Logan asked Ron, as Snape disappeared into the forest, heading towards the lake.

"I-I don't think so." Ron replied, hissing in pain as he tried to move.

"Okay, we'll get you to the hospital wing." Logan said, bringing out her wand and using it to levitate Ron, "Girls can you grab his arms to help support him?"

Lily and Hermione moved and did as they were told. Logan used her wand to levitate Ron with one hand and tried to help the girls with him with the other. They made their way back to the castle while Snape searched for Harry and Sirius.