Chapter Six:

"Now, just to warn you Lily." Harry began as they stood outside of the potions classroom, "The professor for this class, Snape, is a-"

"Is a what, Mister Potter?" A voice asked.

Harry whipped around and Lily jumped. The man that had been staring at her during her sorting ceremony now stood behind them.

"...a great teacher!" Harry lied, cheerfully.

"Bad mouthing a professor and then lying about it, Mister Potter?" The man asked, "That'd be a detention for you."

Harry looked like he wanted very much to protest, but he swallowed his words. The man then turned to Lily. His gaze softened the tiniest fraction. Then he turned back to Harry and called him out specifically.

"Well then? Are you going to get to your seat Mister Potter, or would you like me to deduct twenty points from Gryffindor?"

"I'll be going to my seat now." Harry said, taking Lily by the hand and pulling her to an empty desk.

"Hey Potter, is it true what they were saying on the train?" A Slytherin boy asked Harry.

"Shut up Malfoy." Harry shot back

The boy grinned and then seemed to notice Lily.

"And who's this, Potter? Is she really your sister?" Malfoy asked, "That would explain why she looks so hideous."

Harry stood up and went for his wand, Lily stopping him.

"Harry, no." She whispered.

"Potter!" Snaps demanded, "Is there a reason why you're disrupting my class for the second time today?!"

The Slytherin shot Harry a triumphant look.

"...No sir." Harry said, sitting back down.

"Twenty points from Gryffindor."

Draco Malfoy spent the rest of class taunting Harry when Snape was out of earshot and Harry ignored him due to Lily's pleads.

When class was over, Harry grabbed his books and stormed out of the room so quickly that he accidentally knocked Lily's books off the table without noticing. She bent down to pick them up, and was gathering her things when she noticed a pair of shiny black shoes standing close to her. Lily finished grabbing her books and looked up at the owner of the shoes.

"So, you're not so tough without Potter around, are you?" Draco asked.

Lily didn't answer, instead turning around and leaving the classroom. She hurried to catch up with Harry, looking around for Ron or Hermione as well, but they were nowhere to be seen.

"Hey!" Draco called after her, "I was talking to you."

Lily didn't stop until he roughly grabbed her arm. She flinched.

"Please don't hurt me!" Lily whispered, a few tears going down her face.

Draco looked at her in confusion. He let go of her arm. Lily wiped away her tears and looked back at him. Without another word, Draco spun around and fled the scene, leaving Lily both rattled and puzzled.

"Lily!" Harry said upon seeing her in the hallway, "I'm so sorry I left you behind!"

"It's okay, Harry." Lily said softly.

"No, really, I'm sorry." Harry apologized, "You were okay though, right?"

Knowing Harry already get guilty for forgetting about her, Lily nodded her head.

"Good." He smiled, "Let's go to our next class."

She followed him out of the dungeons to the classroom where McGonagall would be teaching. Although Lily had missed two years of magic, McGonagall was good at summarizing what she needed to know and helping her catch up to the rest of the class.

Before she knew it, Lily was following Harry to their last class of the day- Defense Against the Dark Arts, or DADA. Remus and Logan stood at the front of the class, waiting patiently for all the students to file in. Once they did, Logan spoke up.

"Today we will be taking our lesson outside the classroom!" She spoke excitedly.

"Why are there two teachers?" A kid asked loudly.

"Because Dumbledore hired us." Remus said, "Now then, are you ready? Grab your things and come along, I discovered a boggart in the teacher's lounge earlier and thought this would be the perfect task for this class."

The students followed Remus and Logan out of the classroom and down the hallway, getting interrupted by Peeves once, but with the flick of Remus' wand, he solved that problem. Logan opened up the door to the teacher's lounge and her happy face immediately fell.

"Logan?" Snape asked, surprised.

"And Remus." Remus added.

Snape scowled at Remus and stood up as the students entered the room.

"I best be going then." Snape said, "I think you'll find the majority of this class to be seriously lacking any sort of skills."

"I believe every student has potential." Logan said, "It's up to them whether they choose to unlock it or do- ...other things with it. Isn't that right, Snape?"

Upon hearing his last name spit out with so much venom, Snape looked hurt for a millisecond before masking it with a face of indifference.

"Tell that to Mister Longbottom." Snape scowled, trying to take the attention off himself.

"Hm, and here I'd been hoping you'd changed. Seems demeaning others is a habit you haven't grown out of." Remus said coldly.

Snape sent him a dark glare and left the room quickly. Logan clapped her hands together, startling  the students who were intensely watching the interaction.

"Well then." She beamed, "Let's get to it!"

The students lined up to face the boggart, Harry and Lily towards the back. One by one the students fought the boggart, Neville doing particularly well with the coaching of Remus and Logan. Then, it was Lily's turn. Her eyes widened and she was visibly shaking as she slowly inches forward. Then, the unexpected happened.

Harry stepped past Lily and stood in front of the boggart for her. Remus ran in front of the boggart right as it was shifting form and it took the shape of the full moon. He said the spell and the boggart was defeated. Lily looked relieved while Harry looked almost disappointed.

"Thank you, Harry." Lily said quietly to him.

"No problem." He brushed it off.

"Alright, class dismissed then." Logan said, glancing over at Remus.

The students slowly filtered out of the room and went their separate ways.