Chapter Fifteen:

The Potters left his office and made their way down to meet Ron and Hermione.

"I don't understand." Lily said, "What did he mean by that?"

"I don't know." Harry admitted.

Lily opens her mouth to say something else when Ron and Hermione came into view.

"There you are!" Hermione said, "We were beginning to worry."

Harry explained what happened with the prophecy. Ron seemed a bit concerned, but Hermione reminded them that if Dumbledore wasn't worried, they shouldn't be either. The four Gryffindors made their way out of the castle and ran into Draco and his friends.

Harry glared at him.

"Buckbeak is getting executed because of you!" Ron said, glaring at Draco.

"We know, isn't it great?!" Crabbe said gleefully.

Hermione matched up to Draco and pointed her wand at him.

"Because of my father, actually." Draco said, looking not at Hermione, but at Lily, "And I didn't know this would happen."

"You could have stopped this!" Hermione growled.

He shook his head.

"Come on, Hermione." Ron urged.

Hermione lowered her wand and began to turn away.

"Mudblood." Goyle muttered, but she heard and spun back around to punch Draco in the jaw.

He bent over in pain.

"Come on." Hermione said, marching past the shocked Gryffindors and towards Hagrid's hut.

Lily lingered behind a bit, gazing at Draco with worry in her eyes. He gave her a small nod to show that he was okay, so she left with Harry, Ron and Hermione. They knocked on the door to Hagrid's house and he opened it, looking like a mess.

"Yer didn't have to show up." Hagrid sniffled, "Not for me."

"We wanted to." Hermione said and the other three nodded in agreement.

"Well... I'll make yer some tea." Hagrid said, putting the kettle on.

His hands shook so Hermione took over for him. She reached for the milk jar and shrieked.

"What?!" Harry asked, standing up.

"He scared me!" Hermione exclaimed, handing the milk jar to Harry.

"Scabbers!" Ron exclaimed, taking the rat out of the jar.

"He's not dead?" Lily asked, confused, due to Ron being upset about his rat's supposed "death" for a while.

"Apparently not." Hermione shrugged.

Hagrid glanced at his clock and frowned.

"Yer really should be going now." He said sadly.

"It will be okay." Lily tried to comfort him.