Chapter Twenty Five:

Lily couldn't help but notice how Harry looked like he hadn't been sleeping. She couldn't blame him, of course, given the current circumstances and all, but she hoped the nervousness would die down soon.

With the first task fast approaching, Harry spent time with Hermione and Lily in abandoned classrooms, practicing random spells he might be able to use for the first task. It wasn't until late one night, after meeting with Hagrid that Harry knew what the task even was.

"Dragons." He whispered to Lily, who was reading a book.

"Huh?" She asked, looking up.

"The first task? It's dragons. I reckon we have to fight them or something."

"Fight dragons?!" Lily exclaimed, "But that sounds so dangerous! And what about the dragons themselves, what if they get hurt?"

"I dunno." Harry said, "I guess I'll just have to find a way to avoid all of that."

Lily nodded, mind still reeling with the new information. Just then, Ron walked by. He spotted Harry and gave him a glare before marching in the opposite direction.

"He's still mad at you then." Lily noticed sadly.

"Yeah." Harry frowned, "He thinks I entered the tournament on purpose. Why would I enter a tournament where I could possibly be risking my life? Because I haven't been in enough death defying situations?"

At that, Lily's worried look increased. Harry noticed.

"Not that I'm going to be put in danger or anything." He remedied quickly.

Lily but her lip and avoided looking at him.

"I'm not, Lil." Harry insisted, "They said they made the tournament safer."

"You'll still practice spells with me and Hermione though, right?" Lily asked.

"Yeah... yeah, we'll figure out some kind of plan." He agreed.

Lily closed her book and glanced out the window to gauge what time it was.

"I'm going to go see if I can find Luna or Deci." She decided, standing up.

"Wait, December Ross?" Harry asked, puzzled.

"Yeah." Lily nodded, "She or Luna could have some ideas of spells you could use. They are Ravenclaws after all."

"Right." Harry nodded, "Well thanks."

Lily patted her brother on the shoulder as she walked by, before beginning her search for either of the two Ravenclaw girls. She ended up finding December first, hanging out in a corridor with Lena, which was a bit surprising seeing how Lily didn't know they were friends.

"Hey Deci, hi Lena." Lily greeted.

Lena jumped and turned around.

"Oh, hi Lily." She said, nervously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You came for Lena?" December guessed, standing up to leave.

"Um, no." Lily said, "I came to talk to you, actually. Well, either you or Luna."

"Really?!" December's face lit up.

"Yeah." Lily nodded.

December slung her arms around Lily and was beaming when she pulled away from the embrace.

"Should I go then?" Lena asked, eyeing the two girls.

"No, it's okay, just don't tell anyone else, but-" Lily glanced around to make sure they were alone, "-Harry knows what the first task is- dragons."