Chapter Fifty Seven:

Harry slowly seemed to realize that his godfather was gone at the same moment Lily did, and his face twisted in agony. No. No. No. Someone was screaming. Lily thought it might've been Maya, but didn't glance to see because her brother was breaking free from Remus' grasp and running out of the room after Bellatrix, wand in hand and anger flooding his every move.

Now Lily tried to break free from Logan's hold. She had to get to him. She had to get to Harry. Harry was her everything. He was her other half. There would be no Lily without Harry, at least not the same. Ever since the day she met him, she had loved him with something so fierce inside her. She didn't even notice it at first, but once she did, she knew that Harry was the only person in the world who could make things okay. Make them better.

"Lily! Lil, no!" Logan was gasping, squeezing her tightly.

Wet drops of water hit Lily's face, but they weren't just coming from her. Logan was sobbing. Any thoughts Lily had about comforting her were quickly suppressed by the grief of losing Sirius and the overwhelming need to follow Harry. He couldn't be alone. Something bad was coming, she knew it. Something bad was coming and she had to get to Harry.

Logan's arms were slipping from holding Lily as the girl fought to get free. There was something desperate about Logan's pleading for her to stop. To stay. Lily couldn't focus on that though, not now when Harry was out of her sight.

"I've got her." A man's voice said, and suddenly her body froze unnaturally still.

Moody had his wand pointed at her and a grim expression on his face. Now that Lily was unable to move, Logan's arms released her at last, and Lily vaguely felt her godmother stumbling over to the screaming woman. Lily could just see her out of the corner of her eyes. It was Maya.

Maya who Sirius had loved so deeply for so many years. Maya who thought she was betrayed by him just when she started to trust and love him back. Maya who Sirius had made his way back to after all those years, who he had finally cleared his name to. Maya who now loved Sirius, and had been anticipating their first official date. A date that now would never happen.

Lily couldn't think about that though, not now. Not yet. She needed to get to Harry.

Harry. Harry. Harry.

Lily needed to get to Harry, and her determination flooded into her magic, fighting against the hold of Moody's petrification spell.

Harry.

She broke free and was running before Moody could even register what had happened. Lily bolted down the path she had saw Harry disappearing down all those moments before. She entered the large room, and the first thing she felt was a dark, evil presence. Voldemort. She knew it had to be him. Her eyes couldn't spare a single second to search for him though, not when they were searching frantically for Harry.

Lily found her brother on the floor, being held by some kind of shielding spell. She rushed to his side as he tried to fight against the spell and help what she now registered as Dumbledore dueling with Voldemort.

As Lily's knees hit the ground, Harry seemed to notice her at last. Despite the swirling darkness and pain in her brother's eyes, she saw the slightest hint of something else. Relief. She was okay.

"Harry." Lily said, voice strained and cracking with emotion.

Harry stopped fighting Dumbledore's spell to grab onto her. They gripped onto each other fiercely, so tightly it hurt, but neither willing to let go. Lily felt Harry's tears on the side of her face.

"He- Sirius-" Harry cried.

"I know... I know." Lily replied.

Then time started to move more normally again. Harry pulled back from Lily. His eyes flickered from her to the men fighting nearby. Panic set in.