Chapter Forty Seven:

"Hey Draco." Lily said, trying to act casual as she leaned against the wall in the dungeon hallway.

He looked at her weirdly.

"What are you up to?" Draco asked immediately.

"What? I'm just saying 'hi'!" Lily said, wondering why she was apparently so bad at being discreet.

"Right, have you been spending more time with the Weasley twins? I swear if some kind of explosion turns me into a rabbit, I will not be happy!" He warned.

"I'm not pranking with Fred and George." Lily said, "And a rabbit? Are you paranoid since the thing with the ferret-"

"Lily!" Draco exclaimed, "I thought we agreed to not talk about that!"

"Did we?" She asked innocently.

He sighed.

"Anyways, what are you doing? I know you're up to something." Draco said.

"Okay, fine." Lily sighed, "I wanted to get your opinion on something... how many Slytherins have a disliking for Umbridge?"

"All of them." Draco replied immediately.

"Yeah, but I mean a disliking and that don't hate the other houses enough to report them to Umbridge?"

"Oh. Not so many then." Draco said.

"But there are some." Lily said.

"Well, I guess... why?"

"I'd like to meet some of them." Lily said enthusiastically.

"No."

Lily looked at him, confused.

"No?" She echoed.

"No, I'm not introducing you to any Slytherins." Draco said.

"Is it because you're still embarrassed about being friends with-" She began.

"No! It's not that!" He cut her off, "It's just that a lot of Slytherins have families that are... with him."

"Oh." Lily deflated.

"Yeah. I wouldn't risk your safety, that's why I said no." Draco explained.

"Well, thank you for caring about me." Lily said, smiling a bit.

"Yeah, of course." Draco replied.

"Well you can go on then, I'm just going to go look for my potions book- I think I left it in Professor Snape's classroom." Lily lied, feeling bad about it, but knowing if she wanted to meet Slytherins, it's what she had to do.

"Okay." Draco said, "See you later, Lily."

"See ya." Lily replied, and once he rounded the corner, she turned and headed back to the entrance to the Slytherin common room. Figuring it would be weird if she was waiting outside their entrance, she stood a couple halls away.

It didn't take long for the first few Slytherins to walk by. They looked to be first years, and when Lily tried to greet them, they scurried by faster, looking scared. She frowned at the red on her robes, and wondered if anyone would even talk to her since she was a Gryffindor.

Eventually another group of six Slytherins walked by, this time older. They stopped and stared at her.

"Hi there." Lily said meekly.

"Lost in the dungeons?" One of the boys asked coldly.

"Oh no, I was just exploring." She said.

The group gave each other amused smiles.