Chapter Fifty One:

Back at school, Umbridge was in a worse mood than ever. Harry's mood was seemingly plummeting as well, though for very different reasons. He began taking Occlumency lessons with Snape, a task which he hated very much. Harry didn't say much to Lily about these lessons, or about any nightmares, but she got the feeling he was still getting them.

Lily tried her best to be supportive, and he appreciated that, but sometimes he still felt alone. They were both in the graveyard that night, but only one of them was the boy who lived.

"Lily." Hayden called as she tried to get the girl's attention.

"Sorry, what?" Lily, who had been spacing out asked.

"I asked if you could help me study." Hayden repeated.

"Oh, sure." Lily said, shooting her a smile, "What subject?"

Hayden mumbled something Lily couldn't hear under her breath.

"Sorry?"

"All of them." Hayden said, a bit louder this time.

"Alright." Lily nodded, "Let's get started then, I'll meet you in the library after I grab my books."

"Can we actually study outside? It's nicer. And there's less people." Hayden said.

Lily laughed, but agreed. She hurried off to her dorm and was making her way to the courtyard when she ran into December and Lena. The two appeared to be having some kind of serious conversation. Lily didn't want to interrupt, but as she was trying to sneak by, December spotted her.

"Lily!" She called.

Lena jumped and spun around.

"Oh, hi Lily." She said, blushing.

"Hi." Lily said, "I was just headed to the courtyard to, um, study. With Hayden."

"Oh, do you mind if we join you? Merlin knows I need to study!" December laughed, before looking to Lena, "If that's okay with you too, of course."

"Yeah, of course you can come." Lily said and Lena nodded.

"Great!" December said.

They began walking together. Lily was curious about whatever the two girls had been discussing, but it wasn't her business, so she didn't say anything. It was almost as if December could feel her curiosity though, and she quickly tried to change the subject.

"So, do you know the best way to get valuables back from nifflers, is to turn them upside down and tickle them?!" She exclaimed with excitement.

"Oh, I, uh, didn't know that." Lily said, a bit confused.

"How did you know that?" Lena asked December.

"Uh, I read it. In a book. In the library that I'm technically not supposed to ever enter again." December said.

Lena and Lily laughed at her facial expression.

"I didn't know you liked reading about magical creatures." Lena said.

December blushed, and nodded.

"Oh yeah, I totally do! Even Lily knows, don't you Lily? Remember that time you saw me reading about them?" She spoke rapid fire.

"Um, I think so?" Lily replied.

"Alright. Cool." Lena said, looking at her feet for a moment to avoid eye contact.

They reached the courtyard, and Hayden spotted them, giving them a wave.

"I invited Lena and Deci along to study, I hope you don't mind." Lily said.