Chapter Nine:

Lily had just entered the library when she noticed the rather oddly dressed girl in front of her. She wore a muggle band T-shirt that Lily was unfamiliar with and a vibrant pink colored skirt with cat leggings.

It wasn't necessarily the bold colors that drew Lily's attention though, it was the fact that the girl was out of uniform during the school day, which was strictly against the rules. Lily carefully ducked behind a book shelf to avoid being spotted by the strangely dressed girl. It would seem that Lily wasn't the only one to realize the oddity in the library, however, because soon Madam Pince came bustling over as if the bright colors would bring harm to her books.

"Out! Out you go, Ross!" Pince whisper yelled, gesturing for the girl to leave.

"But I was ju-"

"Out!" Pince cried.

The girl rolled her eyes and turned around. On her way out of the library, she spotted Lily who was desperately trying to seem as if she had not just been listening in on the conversation.

"Oi, you!" The girl whispered.

Lily looked up at her.

"Me?!"

"Yes, you, come here!"

Pince seemed to notice that the girl hadn't left the library yet, for she hurried over once more, nearly pushing the girl out of her domain. Once Pince had taken a seat back at her desk, Lily looked over to the glass window facing the Hogwarts hall. The girl was motioning for her to come outside. Lily took a deep breath before walking over to the library doors and stepping out. The girl grinned at her decision.

"My name's December Ross." She introduced, sticking out a hand for Lily to shake, "But people call me Deci."

Lily stared at the hand for a second before taking it quick and embarrassedly.

"O-oh, Lily." She stuttered, "Lily Potter."

"Potter?" December questioned, "As in "the Great Harry Potter"?!"

"That's the one." Lily replied weakly.

"Well, Lily, as you can see, Madam Prince kicked me out of her "precious library". Honestly, you'd think she'd get over it by now."

"Over what?"

"Oh, right, I forgot you're new here." December said dramatically, "Okay, so waaaaaaay back in second year- I'm in year three by the way now, I might have accidentally set a table on fire... in the library... oh, don't give me that judgemental look, it was an accident!"

"Okay?"

"I did not singe a single book and the fire was out within seconds, seconds, I tell you! But Prince hasn't let me back into the library since. Now, here's where you come in! I need someone to sneak into the library and steal a book from the restricted section for me. I'll distract Prince while you run in and grab the book, got it?!"

"No." Lily admitted.

"Come on, you'll be in and out in a jiffy!"

Lily frowned at the eager girl.

"I-I don't know..."

"Please?" December begged.

Lily looked around uncomfortably for someone to save her from her current situation. How was it that this always happened to her? Seeing no one, she reluctantly agreed to December's plan.

"Yesssss!" December cheered, "Okay, now, you know the plan, let's get into action!"

"...okay..."