Chapter Thirty Nine:

After the panic attack, Lily wrote to Dumbledore and got meetings set up with a wizard therapist. Denise Layor was a kind witch with the desire to help improve the mental health of witches and wizards  alike. She was the exact same therapist Dumbledore had offered to Harry in years prior, but since the boy refused, Lily was now Denise's client.

One a week, the Floo networks would be altered so Denise could Floo into the Dursley's household- a ritual the Dursley's despised, so they made sure to be clear of the living room around that time. Lily would meet with Denise for an hour, and each week she slowly began to show some improvement, though the nightmares weren't fading.

Dudley was oddly enough, quieter than usual. He hadn't even tried to bother Harry of Lily since he spoke to Lily after her panic attack. One day Lily sat outside in the grass, trying to meditate as a form of relaxation- a technique Denise taught her.

"You good?" Dudley's voice asked.

Lily opened her eyes to find out she was not alone anymore.

"Yes." She replied.

"What were you doing?" He asked.

"Meditating." Lily explained, "It helps."

"Oh." Dudley stood there awkwardly for a moment before sitting down on the grass too, "Helps with what?"

"Relaxing the mind." Lily said.

"How do you do it?" Dudley asked curiously.

"You go somewhere mostly quiet, close your eyes, and focus on your breathing."

"And that... makes a difference?" Dudley asked skeptically.

"Yes." Lily said, "You should try it."

"I don't need to." He said immediately, "I'm not- well, I'm not like you."

"And what am I like, Dudley?" Lily asked.

"I dunno, emotional?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Sometimes I don't know whether you're being rude on purpose or accident." Lily admitted.

"Rude? I wasn't! I was just saying, you're very... you know, you cry a lot."

"I have a reason to."

"I know." Dudley frowned, looking down at the grass, "Is it true? Did you really see a boy... die? And you and Harry almost did too?"

Lily tensed up. She nodded slowly.

"That's... that's not good." Dudley said.

Lily raised an eyebrow.

"Not good? It's horrible! It's awful! It's scarring!... not good is putting it very lightly." She said.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

Lily looked at him surprised.

"What?" She blurted out.

"I, um..." Dudley trailed off awkwardly, not accustomed to apologizing.

"Dudley." Lily called.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you come out here to talk to me?"

"I didn't come out to talk to you, I just... well, I wanted some fresh air and you happened to be here." Dudley lied.

"You haven't bothered me or Harry in a while." Lily said.

"I'm not trying to be annoying." Dudley huffed.

"No, I just mean, you've been more... quiet lately." She said, "... are you feeling guilty?"