Chapter Thirty Two:

The second task seemed to approach even quicker than the first. Harry procrastinated working on figuring out the mystery of the golden dragon egg until the last minute. Luckily Cedric tipped him off on how to receive the message in the egg, as a thank you for the information Harry had given him about the first task.

"I have to stay underwater for an hour and find some lost treasure." Harry told Lily, "Only one problem- I have no idea how I'm going to do it."

"We'll figure it out." Lily reassured him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I promise."

So Lily, Hermione, and Ron helped Harry pour over books, searching for the answer of how to hold your breath for an hour. Lily noticed that Draco was avoiding her, so spending her time in the library seemed to be the better option. Plus, she got to help her brother.

Eventually, Hermione found a Bubble Head Charm, but told Harry that it was common, so it might not get him many points. Harry agreed to use it as a back up, if they couldn't find anything else. The four continued searching for an alternative right up until the night before the tournament. Then, Hermione and Lily were called down to Dumbledore's office.

"I wonder why." Hermes mused, as the two girls walked down the hallway.

"Yeah, it's odd. And the timing is bad, we should be helping Harry." Lily said.

They entered Dumbledore'a office and found Cho Chang and a little blonde girl who introduced herself as Gabrielle Delacour.

"Your probably wondering why you're here." Dumbledore smiled at the girls as they sat down, "Well tomorrow is, as you know, the second task. Each champion will have to recover one of the things they love most from the Black Lake. In this case, those things... are you."

Gabrielle turned pale, and Cho gulped.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir, how-" Hermione began to speak up.

"No need to fear Miss Granger, you will be in a slumber the whole duration of your time in the lake, and perfectly able to breathe." He said.

"What happens if they don't find us in time?" Lily worried.

"All will be taken care of." Dumbledore reassured them, but remaking ominously mysterious.

Reluctantly, all four girls event agreed to be put under the bewitched sleep, for the sake of allowing their champion to have a chance at winning the tournament.

As Dumbledore cast the spell over Hermione, having already done Cho, Gabrielle turned to Lily.

"You're Lily Potter?" She asked quietly.

"Yes, I am." Lily smiled.

"Your brother was really good at flying with the dragon." Gabrielle said.

"Thanks." Lily replied, "Your sister was great as well."

"Yeah." Gabrielle agreed, "She's always wanted to do something great like this, you know. To prove she's more than a pretty face. That's why I agreed to go under the spell."

As Lily nodded in understanding, Gabrielle looked wearily at Dumbledore as he gestured for her to step forward.

"You'll be fine." Lily reassured the younger girl.

"But what if Fleur-?"

"I won't leave that lake without you." Lily vowed.

"Okay." Gabrielle agreed, with a firm nod, "You may cast the spell, Mister Dumbledore."

He began to cast the spell before Gabrielle made one last comment.

"I only hope Fleur remembers I can't really swim." She mumbled, before her eyes closed, and she fell under the spell.