Chapter Three:

Lily knew that she had a godmother and godfather, but she couldn't recall ever meeting them. She only knew they existed because they used to send her letters and gifts on holidays and randomly checking up on her. Marge always threw out whatever they sent her, and forbid Lily from replying. After Marge falsely proclaimed Lily dead, the letters stopped coming.

That made Lily sad, for even if she never got to use any of the gifts or read the letters, she always liked to look at the little drawings attached to each note, progressively getting more advanced over the years and always signed with "Lots of Love from Lena". She heard Marge complain about Lena once, which is how Lily knew that she was her godparents daughter. Besides that though, Lily didn't know much about the mysterious Remus and Logan Lupin.

"Today we get to meet up with the Weasley's and Lupins!" Harry informed her in the morning.

Lily nodded, so Harry went on to tell her how she would love them and how they would all love her. The Lupin family of three arrived at the Leaky Cauldron first. When Logan saw her goddaughter, she burst out into tears and ran to hug her. Lily flinched at first, but soon relaxed into the embrace.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry." Logan apologized to Lily, wiping away her tears, "We didn't know. We thought that you- ... and you never replied to the letters, so we thought you didn't want anything to do with us-"

"Marge threw them away before Lily could read them." Harry spoke up.

Logan's face grew serious.

"That woman." She growled, but Remus put a hand on her shoulder to calm her.

He nodded at Lily and Logan seems to get the message because she moved on, changing subjects.

Lily had finally gotten proper clothing, so had no longer wore the oversized t-shirt, and even though she had been eating bigger meals, twelve years of malnourishment had its toll. Still, Logan went on about how beautiful Lily had grown up to be.

Remus and Lena eventually got a turn to hug Lily as well, and each time Lily was startled less and less.

"I like your hair." Lena said, shyly, pointing to Lily's neatly braided hair, "You're really good at braiding."

"I could braid your hair sometime, if you'd like." Lily offered quietly.

"Yes please!" Lena accepted the offer with a grin.

She then turned to Logan.

"Did you hear that, mum? Lily's going to braid my hair!" Lena exclaimed.

"How sweet of you." Logan smiled.

"Did you tell Lily and Harry the news?" Remus asked her.

Lena gasped.

"I almost forgot! Mum and dad are going to be teaching together at Hogwarts this year!" She said, practically bouncing on her toes with excitement.

"Really?!" Harry asked with interest.

Remus confirmed it with a nod. Just then, a woman walked into the Leaky Cauldron and made her way over to the group. Like Logan, she began to cry when she saw Lily. Lily moved closer to Harry, a bit scared.

"Oh, my apologies!" The woman said, "I'm Maya. I was a good friend of your parents."

Lily nodded and Logan and Remus greeted the her, Lena even hugging her after exclaiming "Auntie Maya!".

"Can I hug you?" Maya asked Lily, once Lena let her go.

Lily nodded. And Maya moved forward to embrace her. Then she pulled back and moved towards a table and the rest of the group followed. Logan pulled Maya aside and Lily over heard what she began to whisper.

"I know that this is a lot for you, seeing Lily and everything considering what happened with S-" Logan whispered.

"Lily!" Remus called, gaining the girls attention, "Why don't you have a seat?"

Lily sat down and looked at the door as it opened and a small army of red haired wizards made their way towards the table as well.

"Ron!" Harry greeted, standing up to see his friend.

"Blimey Harry, Egypt was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed.

"Come meet my sister." Harry said, dragging Ron over to Lily.

"Hi, I'm Ron!" He introduced himself.

"My name is Lily." She replied.

"Harry's written me about you, is it true you're twins?!" Ron asked.

Lily nodded.

"Wicked!" Ron said, "Can you two do the twin telepathy thing?! I've always wondered if it was real, but I can't ask Fred and George- they like to prank people a lot."

"Sorry, I don't think we can, Ron." Harry said.

Ron looked a bit disappointed, but Harry spoke up quickly.

"Maybe it's an identical twin thing?" He suggested.

"Ooh, could be!" Ron said, cheering up.

Just then, Molly and Arthur cam over to introduce themselves. Immediately, Lily found out how kind and motherly Molly was. Arthur was also kind and told her a few jokes to lighten the mood. With all of the people and commotion, Lily was getting a bit overwhelmed.

"Hey, Ginn, come meet Lily!" Ron called and a little red haired girl popped up out of nowhere.

"Hi," she said, "I'm Ginny."

"I'm Lily. It's nice to meet you."

"Same!" Ginny grinned, "I'm going into my second year at Hogwarts- same as Lena, and you'll be in third year with Ron, Harry and Hermione, but I hope we can still be friends!"

Lily nodded.

"Great!" Ginny cheered.

"Harry, can I speak to you for a moment?" Arthur asked, gesturing the side.

Immediately, Lily began to start to panic. There were a lot of people around, and the only one she really knew was Harry. Luckily, Harry seemed to pick up on her distress and grabbed her hand, squeezing if reassuringly.

"Sorry sir, but can Lily come too?" Harry asked.

Arthur thought for a brief moment before agreeing. They walked away from the crowd and Arthur glanced around. There was no one within earshot, so he began speaking.

"I trust you know that Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban?" Arthur asked.

Harry nodded.

"Well, I just wanted to warn you that he might have interest in you, seeing how Black was a huge supporter of You Know Who. Just stay safe inside the castle, okay?"

"Okay." Harry agreed.

"And no matter what," Arthur said, "You must promise me that you won't go looking for him."

"Mr. Weasley, why would I go after someone who wants me dead?"