Chapter Fourteen:

The rest of the day passed by and Lily fell into a routine until Christmastime arrived.

"Lily!" Harry exclaimed, waking the startled girl up from her slumber.

Upon realizing that it was just Harry, Lily relaxed and closed her eyes again.

"Hmm?" She asked.

"You'll never believe what I got!" He continued.

"Wait, how'd you get up here?" Lily asked, knowing of the enchantment upon the girls dorms so that boys couldn't enter.

"Hermione has a spell." Harry waved off, "But come down to the Common Room, quick!"

And with that, Harry left the room just as quickly as he came. Lily sighed before getting up and dressed, then heading down to the Common Room where her other Gryffindor friends were waiting.

"Hey." Lily said, taking a seat next to Ginny.

"Look what Harry got!" Ron exclaimed, pointing to the said boy's new broom.

"Cool." Lily said, although she wasn't one for Quidditch and had no idea if the broom was considered a "good" one or not.

Judging from Harry's expression, she assumed it was.

"I can't wait to ride it and-" Harry began when Hermione cut off off.

"Well, you aren't actually going to ride it, are you?" She asked.

Harry turned to her.

"Yeah, Hermione, I was actually going to fly on it-" He began.

"But you can't!" Hermione protested.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"It came in a parcel with no sender name!" She exclaimed, "It could be cursed by Sirius Black!"

"No..." Ron said.

"It could be!" Hermione insisted, "Look, Lily has a package with no name on it either, what if he sent them "gifts" to kill them?!"

"I have gifts?" Lily asked, surprised.

"Of course you do, it's Christmas." Ron said, pointing her over to her pile.

She opened the anonymous gift to reveal a necklace with a flower charm.

"It's a lily." Ginny observed.

"Don't wear it!" Hermione insisted, "It could be cursed!"

Lily carefully turned the necklace around to see a message engraved on the back of the flower.

"To my Lily Flower." She read out loud.

"That's what our dad used to call mum!" Harry noticed, "Remus and Logan told me!"

Lily smiled down at the necklace and started to undo the clasp.

"You can't wear it!" Hermione hissed, snatching the necklace out of Lily's hands causing her to jump and flinch back.