43

Tsukauchi turned around to face the pale haired boy with a blank face, his features gave nothing away as he locked eyes with Killua.

"I know the way we have been treating you so far was less than ideal and I know you are losing your patience because of it, but we really are searching for that quirk, the search is on the assassination's level. So no, it wasn't a lie we are trying to find you a way to get back to you dimension.""

Neither of them said anything for a while, and neither of them looked away. The pale haired boy was the first to break their gaze as he closed his eyes with a hum.

"Ever since the fight with All For One I did a lot of thinking on this matter you know." Killua said throwing his legs off the edge of the bed.

" When I say 'I came from another world', it ends up surprising everyone, even the principal, which lead me to conclude that no one encountered anything like me before, and even if the concept of other dimensions existed in theory, it was just a hypothesis."

"That's right, you are the first one we hear about." Tsukauchi confirmed.

"Which wouldn't be possible if a quirk that allowed you to cross dimensions existed, just like me that kind of power have never been spotted before." Killua concluded, leaning against his legs.

Tsukauchi's hands disappeared in his pockets," Unlike your power Killua, quirks are an evolution, and they keep on improving with every generation. Out of the earths population only 20%  of them are quirkless, 80% of the human population is a very large number to keep tabs on, not to mention that the 20% keep on decreasing with every generation."

"So you are trying to tell me  that you are just searching with the slight possibility of its existence?"

"That's right. Warping gates are very rare and we are trying to narrow it down through that."

Silence settled into the room once more as the pale haired boy picked up a shirt Recovery Girl dropped when she came by for his last check up earlier that day. He took off his hospital uniform top and started to put on the shirt.

"Something All For One said picked my interest , he said that there were people like me with no quirk cells, which shouldn't be a surprise since quirks are relatively recent and only existed for around a century and a half, but I'm not just Quirkless, I'm a Nen user, I have powers despite not having the cells required for them. It is odd that All For One didn't mention that."

"What are you suggesting, Killua?" Tsukauchi asked in confusion, eyes narrowed and lips pressed in a grim line.

The pale haired boy paused and turned to look at the detective," It made me suspect that what I had traveled through wasn't dimensions, but time."he muttered, more to himself than the detective.

"Time travel?" the detective said, backing a step away.

Killua sighed running a hand in his hair," But then I immediately turned the theory down after comparing our parallel timelines and  the geographical feature of my universe and yours.  Considering all the factors t would be impossible for it to be time travel."

" Killua what are you saying?" Tsukauchi asked, a frown itching on his features, something about the pale haired boy's domineer unnerved him.

The younger boy rubbed his face  with both hands as he looked out of the window in his hospital room. He was on the brink of losing his sanity and he knew it.

There was no proof that Intra-dimensional quirks exist and that fact was messing with his brain. The supposed search was what he held on to, he didn't want to believe that there was no way for him to get back to Alluka. He just didn't want to accept that.