66

........................

"That wasn't how you said things would play out." 

"Oh, is that a fact?"

"I prefer it if you and I got along better, Dabi."

"I thought you only had small feathers left after that battle." Dabi asked changing the subject.

"If I'm going to meet a liar in a secret location then I'm not coming unarmed." Hawks glared," The fight was supposed to go down at a warehouse, tomorrow. Instead, you unleashed a Nomu in the middle of the city, one on a totally different level than the others we faced. If we are going to trust each other you have to keep me up to date."

" I guess I had a sudden change of heart, but I did give you an advanced warning that I wanted to test the new Nomu in the field." Dabi said, pushing the sharp feather away from his throat," Besides, you are not without a blame yourself. You said you would bring a random pro along, I didn't expect the number one hero. Now that's not very fair."

"Your beast gave him sever injuries, I figured you would be thrilled to give him such a work out." Hawks snarled, pressing his feather back to the other's neck, "I did what you asked of me, you're the only one that broke a promise here."

"Think of it as me trusting our pet pro to see if I can actually trust his word or not." Dabi said, not threatened by the blade the pro pressed against his throat," I couldn't help but notice you saved a couple of bystanders. You came to us saying you sympathize with our cause and yet you fought so hard today."

Hawks dropped his hand," I'm no good to you if the hero community loses its faith in my work. The more they trust me the more intel I can collect on them." Hawks explained exasperatedly," You know that, unless you are incapable of thinking long term."

Dabi didn't say anything and walked past the pro, Hawks continued.

"Everything I do is in the name of advancing the League, Got it?" he said.

"Sure." Dabi replied unconvincingly. He didn't believe Hawks and he didn't try to hide it." Say that all you want but I can't let you see the boss yet." Dabi said walking away," I'll be in touch, Partner." he said tauntingly.

Hawks didn't try to follow him and he stayed right where he was letting the man walk away but that wasn't the same for the pale haired boy, who had finally found his target.

Killua followed Dabi from the top of the cargo containers until they were a block or two away from where Hawks and Dabi talked. Once he was satisfied with the distance he dropped from the roof and followed the man through the maze of cargo containers.

If it wasn't for the dim shadows that outlined his body, then no one would notice him. His footsteps were silent, his presence was concealed through Zetsu and his breathes were quiet. Expertly following the man through the unlit part of the port, the hooded pale haired boy destroyed the only way for the scarred man to find him.

Finally, Dabi stopped right in front of the deck and looked out to the open water in front of him with his hands in his pockets. Killua stopped a few feet away from him, wondering what the villain was doing.

He heard Dabi mutter something then chuckle to himself. The pale haired boy walked closer to hear what the scarred man was saying.

"....thought about it so much it has driven me insane."

Killua tilted his head," Thought about what?" he asked, dropping his Zetsu.

Dabi turned around in a flash shooting out azure flames at where the pale haired boy was standing half a second ago.