51

....................................

"Hey Killua, why did you come with me?" Todoroki asked, glancing at the pale haired boy who jogged a bit behind him.

The pale haired boy shrugged, "I thought it would be boring to just pass the exam quickly."

"What does that have to do with me? I'm good at long range attacks, partnering up slows me down." he said.

Killua laughed lightly," And I specialize at close quarters. Besides, fire is a great conductor, This could be good." he stated, pushing his costume's mask over his hair.

"Most students just stick to groups from their original schools and mobilize in groups of around ten students." Todoroki said, as they headed towards the industrial terrain of the area. 

He didn't mind the fact that the pale haired boy with him. Unlike his classmates, he tried to be as undoubting as he could of him.

Killua was strong, sure. But that doesn't necessarily make him a threat to them. He figured that if the pale haired boy had wanted to hurt them he would have done so from the start. Why stick around for the entire semester and why give them pointers on how to get stronger. As far as he witnessed, ex-assassin or not Killua had no intension of endangering them.

"Yeah, considering the situation, it is best to stick around people you know. Working with people you don't know anything about could be near impossible." Killua agreed.

"We could attack one group and pass." Todoroki said, peeking behind a corner," But there might be quirks we are weak against."

"Most teams will fight each other and thin the numbers down." Killua said, pulling out a packet of pocky sticks from his pocket," We could attack a group that is more manageable." he said.

Todoroki nodded," Yes, but attacking the bare minimum won't be enough, most people might be a target or two down, given that some time has already passed."

The pale haired boy nodded, sticking a pocky stick in his mouth ,"Yeah, but if you think about it most people will stay locked on their targets, why abandon your target if you already have secured a point on them, it would be dumb."

"Let's see where we are at now, things have been moving a lot more quickly. Looks like 52 make that 53 students, have passed. And looking on the other side of things, it seems that 230 examinees have failed. Less than half the spots are open, now is the time to move." The announcer lazily announced. 

Killua blinked," Wow that was fast." he said.

"We don't have the luxury of waiting around." Todoroki said, straightening up ,"We have to find a target and pass as soon as possible."

They started running further into the metallic maze, looking for some targets. Stealth was no problem for the pale haired boy, after all he was raised to be stealthy.

"Hey Todoroki, watch out." Killua noted, alerting the other boy.

Todoroki turned around and burned the ball flying toward them, halting it before it could hit them.

"That was pretty good!" their persuader said, chuckling slightly." Just what I'd expect from the runner ups of the UA sports festival. The name is Todoroki and Killua right? I can't believe you guys are wondering around here all by yourselves! You must be really confident." he said, his voice laced with disbelief and sarcsasm.

"But even if they are from UA high, acting alone is just asking for trouble." another one said.

"On a twelve on two fight, they don't stand a chance." a girl scoffed.