Chapter 1: Visit

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

Me and my family are on the way to my grandmother's house since it was vacation time from school and they said that they missed grandma.

We were riding the car as both my parents listened to songs on the radio while I silently looked at the view outside.

It was sunny, a good day to go out. As my parents told me earlier.

But the problem was, it was too hot.

The trees gave shade to some parts of the ground.

I never really liked going out if it's not with friends so I considered this boring.

My parents never really bonded with me since they were always busy with their business.

So they never really knew me, only the old me.

"Sana, I thought you loved signing to the songs on the radio with us?" My mom noticed that I was silent so she took the time to ask.

"I'm just not in the mood now," I answered and continued to look outside.

"If we didn't go here, you'd just be out there, partying. Sana you are the next person to lead our business. The heiress of the family. Don't you know that your actions could put our family down?" Dad said as I was starting to get mad.

But I remained quiet. Not wanting to hear anything else from them.

I was a party person. But because of this sudden visit, I didn't have the chance to go to my friend's party.

I had too much plans today.

I tried to say no to them but they eventually told me that grandma had been missing me.

Before we left, she chatted with me telling me that many would go to her place for a party.

Now I'm stuck here.

I tried to sleep but mom and dad were too noisy in front.

"Sana, are you excited to see grandma? It's been a long time since she first saw you," Mom enthusiastically asked as I shrugged my  shoulders.

"You should sleep for a moment. It's still a long ride," Dad then said and turned the music down.

Finally someone understood.

I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

I felt a tap on my shoulder so I opened my eyes.

"We're near, Sana," Dad said as I nodded.

I took out my phone and decided to check on social media.

But unfortunately, there's no signal here in the place.

How annoying.

First they forced me into this trip, and now this?

I just continued to look at the window and I'm not gonna lie, the views here are beautiful.

Not unlike the city we live in, full of just buildings. How do they get to live like this?

No signal, malls, restaurants, coffee shops, and the people seen outside look.

Happy.

After a few more moments, we finally made it to grandma's house.

Or... Mansion?

I quickly went out to look at a closer look at the house.

It was huge. And it looks like one of those houses built around many years ago.

We got in the house to see that it was actually bigger inside.

This place gives me chills.

There were antique things that I surely won't touch.

Then someone called my name.

"Sana, you were still little when I last saw you," It was grandma.

She gave a sweet smile as I just responded with a nod.

"Sana be more respectful with your gra-" Dad was cut off.

"Sana is probably just missing home, Dan. Now, I would like to take my grand daughter on a house tour," Grandma said as I sighed in relief.

"Yes, mother. She j-just shouldn't treat you like that," He reasoned.

"I know she shouldn't, but she's not in the mood, right, Sana?" She asked me as I nodded and followed her.

"Your dad has always been like that to you?" She asked me as we walked away.

"We d-don't usually talk," I answered.

"He would always tell me as a child that he would want to run a business when he grows up, and here he is," She said and looked at me with a smile.

"What would you want to be?" She asked.

No one ever asked me about what I wanted. They were always about what they want.

"I always dreamed to be a singer, grandma," I paused.

"But they wanted me to take over the business for them when they retire," I then sighed after saying so.

"You were just like mom," She said as we continued to walk through the corridors.

"What was she like?" I asked her.

"She was rebellious as she told me, always sneaking out of the house to see her friends, then go back home at night," She chuckled at the thought.

"She dreamed of being a painter, she would go to one of her friends to ask for materials. Well, that's what she told me as I grew up," She said.

"She would also remind me everyday to never stop dreaming. That the universe would make a way for it to come true," She said and pat my shoulder.

"What about your dad?" I asked.

"Just never met him," She answered.

"Sorry, grandma," I apologized.

"You don't have to, silly. So, this is your room. This used to be mom's room but of course you can use it," She said and opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I simply said.

"Well, take your rest," She said and closed the door for me to be on my own.

I placed my bags near the cabinet and laid on the bed.

"Today's not that bad at all," I thought to myself and closed my eyes to sleep.

---------