Chapter 10: Friends

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

Dianne and I talked as we ate the delicious food served to us.

Wow. Isn't this too much?

"So what's your full time job? You know, apart from performing?" I asked.

"I help my father with his shop in the market. You know, help with deliveries and stuff that I can do," She responded and took a sip from her drink.

"What about being like an engineer, or doctor or something?" I asked again to which she chuckled at.

"We don't have money for that. I have to stick to what life lies ahead of me," She answered.

"How about a scholarship or something?" I asked.

"A what? We don't have whatever your advanced mind is thinking of," She answered.

So they don't have scholarships in this time?

"How about you? What do you do?" She then asks me.

"My dad wants me to be the inheritor of our business. Which kind of annoys me because that's not what I wanted," I said then sighed.

"Is that why you always stay inside your room?" She asked again.

And then I remembered that I'm in this world, not the actual one, to where I actually live.

What do I say now?

"U-uh, yeah," I answered.

"What about being an artist?" She asked.

"I-It's a hobby," I simply answered.

"What inspired you to play?' I asked.

"Interesting question, I started when I was lost in the town as a little girl, I tried to look for my parents to which eventually lead me to the freedom stage," She said.

"It was one of the most memorable days of my life. I heard this person play and it hit me. I wanted to be like that person. You know? Full of meaning and passion," She continued and smiles at the memory.

"Apart from music, what are your hobbies and stuff?" I asked.

"You were mad at me just yesterday, and now were talking. How weird but satisfying at the same time," She said as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Answer the question," I said.

"I'll ask you next then?" She said as I just nodded.

"I like helping my family out," She simply answered.

"Isn't that the same as what you do for a living?" I asked again.

She's so repetitive about this certain thing, which was her interests.

"It's my turn to ask now. Why did you slap me the first time we met?" She asked me as I went silent.

I couldn't just say, "Oh, because you look like the painting I saw who was the reason why I'm here now."

She doesn't even remember anything before that night.

"I d-didn't know why. But I did," I answered, hesitating and thinking deeply about my life choices.

"You got carried away? Frustrated, stressed, or maybe pressured?" She asks.

It's like she knows what I've gone through. 

But she doesn't.

"Well, yeah. It's been a rough life," I answered and sighed.

Then a hand was felt caressing mine.

I looked at Dianne's eyes as she gave me a reassuring smile.

"The world truly is being harsh sometimes, well usually I mean. But that doesn't mean it's over, when you get mad at people you love, it takes time and you forgive them. Then you'd be fine being with them as if nothing actually happened," She said and paused.

What was she supposed to mean?

"Life is like that. You need that time and effort for everything to be fine soon. And if it does, you'd also be ready to move freely. As if nothing wrong happened in the past. Letting go of its harshness towards you," She continued.

It was actually meaningful.

And it may probably change my life 

"I never expected you to say that," I said and chuckled as she slightly laughed with me.

"Yeah, I may not have finished my education, or had the best life. I know stuff," She said and let go of my hand.

Was she offended?

How do I take my words back?

"I-I'm sorry," I apologized.

"For what?" She asked.

"I- I might have said s-something," I answered.

Then she laughed at me.

She fucking laughed at me?

"What are you laughing about? It was a sincere apology, Dianne Kim," I said as my eyebrows furrowed.

"You didn't say anything wrong though. It would be better if we finished the food though," She said and continued eating as I just followed.

We talked as we ate until it was all finished.

She paid for the meal before we left.

I kind of feel bad.

I had the great life.

Where someone supports my education, gifted with resources everyone thinks they need.

Why didn't I bring any money with me? Now she had to pay for everything.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"I'll pay you back soon," I absentmindedly said.

"No need, your family has done more than enough for us. I can handle paying transportation and food," She answered and went up the carriage she called.

Then she reached for my hand to help me.

After the not so long ride back home, we got back obviously.

She helped me down as I did let myself get helped. Not wanting to do the same mistake earlier.

"So, let's call it a day?" She asked.

"Yeah. See you when I do?" I answered then asked her and she just nodded.

"Sakura, I'd like to start again, A better introduction maybe?" She asked.

"Sakura Minatozaki, It's a pleasure to meet you," I said and offered my hand for her to shake.

She looked at it and smiled before accepting.

"Dianne Kim, it's a honor," She responded and shook my hand.

"So, friends?" She asked.

"Yes, friends," I answered.

This was a nice and relieving feeling.

"Well, it's been nice spending a day with you. I'm being honest," She said.

"I'm looking forward to do this again. Keep safe on the way home," I said as I bid my goodbye to her.

She nodded and rode on the carriage that we rode earlier.

I then went inside the house.

It was nice to talk to someone about things that cross your mind.

She handled giving advice.

It was relieving. Like I was starting a new life.

--------------