Chapter 2: Finding my peace

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

I finally woke up from my sleep as I head some noise downstairs.

I stood up and went out my room to check.

It was three girls I haven't seen yet.

What are they doing here?

"Is there anything you need?" I asked the three strangers.

They went silent for a moment before a distinct and raspy voice was heard.

"Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, Tzuyu. What brings you here?" Grandma asked as she walks towards us.

"We won't be here for long. My mom made cookies and she told me to give you some," The smallest among the three said.

"Oh, You've also met my granddaughter, Sana," Grandma said as their eyes widened.

"Sana, this is Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, and Tzuyu," Grandma said and pointed at the three.

"Minatozaki Sana from JYPU?" Jeongyeon asked. How did she know?

"Y-Yeah," I simply answered.

"We study there, too. We have different courses so we don't meet," Chaeyoung said as I just nodded.

"That's great, could you take Sana with you for a quick stroll outside?" My grandma requested.

"It would be nice, but we still have errands to run, maybe next time?" Tzuyu said as my grandma nodded.

"She could help you guys out though," grandma insisted.

I would like to go out.

"Sure then, we'll be back afterwards," Chaeyoung said as the three, followed by me, went out of the house.

The walk was silent when I decided to speak.

"How did you guys know me?" I asked.

"You're obviously famous, your friends are  as well," Tzuyu answered.

"And also because Jeongyeon has a crush on one of yo-" Chae was cut off by Jeongyeon's hand covering her mouth.

"Says the one who usually goes to the library to see Myoui Mina," Jeongyeon answered then removing her hand on Chaeyoung's mouth, uttering "disgusting."

So she was the small girl Mina was talking about.

I smiled at the thought.

"Aren't you guys already college students for crushes? Ask them out, then," I confidently said.

"Say that to your admirers and go date them one by one," Chae answered.

"I'm not interested in them. So no," I simply answered.

"Then would you atleast give one of them a chance?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I'm not interested in dating or maybe going out with someone," I said as they all nodded.

I actually felt quite comfortable with them.

We forgot that time actually passed as we talked about many different things.

Well, especially about these three's love interests.

They finished what they were supposed to do so they lead me back to grandma's house.

"Thank you for today," I said.

"No problem, Sana-unnie. I hope all of us can talk again soon," Chaeyoung said as I nodded.

"Well, see you again," Jeongyeon said and proceeded to leave with the other two as I went back inside the house to see my parents talking wit grandma.

"Did you enjoy?" Grandma asked.

"Yes, they were nice," I answered then smiled.

"That's great, Sana. You're starting to make new friends. They're way better than your friends who just bring you to those stupid parties," Dad said.

Did he just say something bad to my friends?

"Dad, they're not bad influences," I calmly answered, trying my best to not answer like I own the house.

Why is he always trying to take away my freedom of choice?

"I know a bad influence when I see one, Sana," He answered in a higher tone of voice.

"Try to look in the mirror, you'll see bad influence," I answered, left them, and went to my room.

"I'm your father! Don't turn your back on me!" He yelled as I tried to ignore his words.

I made it to my room and quickly locked the door as tears started to flow from my eyes.

I yelled in frustration. The thought of my father not supporting me for who I am makes me feel like a horrible daughter.

I thought that this vacation would give me peace and relaxation. Why did it give me more stress and insecurities?

I laid on the bed and tried to forget what just happened earlier.

Even though I know that I can't. He was always like that. Giving me limited space to do what I really like. 

I tossed and turned around the bed thinking about the same thing over and over again.

A few hours passed as I assume since the sun was already gone, I remained still, looking at the ceiling, rethinking about my decisions in life.

Should I actually give up on my dreams?

Grandma said that I should be chasing after them.

But if I do, dad will think of me as a disgrace.

What would it feel like to take the risk?

What could possibly happen?

A knock on the door was heard, then followed by someone calling my name.

It was grandma.

I opened the door to reveal her holding food as she entered the room.

"I figured out that you wouldn't like to eat dinner with your father because of what happened earlier," She said and handed me the soup she cooked.

I started eating.

"He used to be so carefree. The world was a playground he wanted to explore," She explained.

"You know that your father is a good person. He just hasn't realized what he has done to you," She said as I attentively listened.

"You love soup?" She asked as I nodded.

"I see that yours is empty already. You must be that hungry," She then chuckled as I noticed that there was no soup left on the bowl yet I was still trying to eat.

"Sana, I would like to show you something. Follow me," Grandma instructed and went out of the room.

I placed the empty bowl of soup on the desk and proceeded to follow her.

------------