Chapter 11: The more the merrier

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

It's been exactly two weeks since Dianne and I's friendship started.

Why am I even counting? It's not like it's that important.

The two weeks went by just fine.

Just a normal day inside the house.

The girls have been busy as well.

As I was piling up my thoughts, a knock was heard on my bedroom door so I stood up and opened it.

It was father.

"It's been weeks, Sakura. Have you made your paintings?" He asked.

And I totally forgot that I am an artist here.

I can't even draw, what should I do?

"I-I'll work on it, f-father," I said and quickly closed the door.

That was disrespectful of me. 

But I was panicking, what should I do?

As I walked circles in my room, thinking of what I should do, another knock was heard.

I nervously opened the door as it revealed Nami.

I sighed in relief.

"I asked your father if we could have a stay at my house, like until tomorrow. He agreed and told me to ask you if you wanted," She said.

Finally, another escape route from this painting responsibility.

"It's fine if you don't come. I mean, you don't usually jo-" She was cut off.

"I'll come, let me just prepare," I said as she looked shocked.

"Y-yeah, I'll wait downstairs," She said as I just responded with a nod.

I quickly prepared and went down.

"It's unusual for you to join, Sakura. I'm glad you're being more active about going out," Father said and Nami pulled me outside.

"I'll take her home tomorrow, sir," She said as father just chuckled and nodded.

We rode their family carriage on the way to their house, obviously.

And my assumptions were right, they own a big house. Bigger than ours.

"It's not like you don't own big houses from outside the town," She said.

So we have other houses?

"I-It's like what you said e-earlier, I-I don't really go out right?" I said as a bad reason.

My great grandmother is that conservative?

Well maybe everyone in this time is.

The ride stopped as we went down to get inside the  house.

They have people who open doors for them?

Isn't this too much?

"Welcome to my humble abode," She said.

"The others are in my room, let them carry your things to my room," She said, talking about my bags.

It's not heavy though.

"I can carry this myself," I said, she looked at me with eyebrows raised.

"I thought you don't like carrying too much things?" She asked.

"Why?" I suddenly asked.

Wrong move.

how do I undo this?

Sana, you are Sakura here.

Be her and just say yes.

What do I mean by why?

I want to bury myself.

"What do you mean why? You told us that you personally don't want to carry heavy things," She said as I awkwardly nodded.

"Y-yeah, I j-just asked If you s-still remember. Y-you really are a g-great friend," I just said and pat her shoulder and gave my not so heavy bags.

"Are you sick or something? I told you to stay home if you're not feeling well," She said, I shook my head.

"I'm totally fine. Let's go to your room?" I said and scratched the back of my neck.

"Sure, this way," She smiled and we decided to proceed to her room.

 I breathed in, feeling relieved that she took the excuse.

We walked up the stairs and reached her room.

She opened the door which revealed Mira, Mona, and Jisoo.

"Sakura, you're here! It feels weird," Mona said and I awkwardly chuckled.

"The last time you went here was for a project in school," Jisoo said.

"I just felt that I should come," I said. 

"That's great to hear, do you guys want anything to eat? I'll get some," Nami said.

"Anything will do," Mira said as we all agreed.

Nami nodded then left.

I sat down with the girls.

"What's the reason?" Jisoo asked.

"What reason?" I responded, confused.

Can they see through me or something?

"Why you went here, Sakura. You're always busy making paintings," She answered as I gulped.

Am I friends with detectives or something?

"Don't you want to see me here?" I just said cutely and heard Mona do a vomit sound.

"Don't try to speak like that, it's actually freaking me out," She said as I rolled my eyes.

"Stop asking guys. The important thing is that she's here with us today," Mira said, the two only nodded and said "You have a point." in unison.

Then Nami came back with snacks on her hands, giving them to us, Mona opened one and started to eat it.

"Oh, and we have a few more guests," She said.

"Did your parents allow more guests?" Mira asked.

"Of course they did, it's not like you're my only friends," she responded.

"So, who are these guests?" Jisoo said.

Nami was about to answer when a knock on the door was heard by all of us.

She opened the door and it revealed Kyungwan, Celine, and a person  I haven't encountered yet.

She looks like Tzuyu though.

"Where's Dianne?" Nami asked.

She's here?

"Oh, she went to the restroom. Oh she's here now," Kyungwan responded as a series of loud thuds across the hall were heard.

Then Dianne was now here.

"Come in," Nami said as they followed.

"Thank you for inviting us, Nami," Kyungwan said as Nami just smiled.

"No problem, now let the fun begin," She said.

This is going to be a long day for me.

----------------------