Lifetime: special chapter

Lifetimes, do they even exist?

Is it really that big of a deal for people to find someone to spend their life with for lifetimes?

Is it unfair? For people who leave this world alone? 

How long do lifetimes even last?

Do people really wait for it?

===

Sana laid on the cold hospital bed, trying to fight hard for her life, breathing heavily as she slowly blinked.

It's been so long since the life she wanted, ended. 

Years had passed. Too many years have passed.

She lived a lonely life. 

No friends, she isolated herself from them, pushed each one away, thinking that it would be best for her. 

No family to stay by her side, she abandoned that life, and chose to live on her own.

No dream, she didn't continue without the reason why she fought for that dream.

And so there she was, weakly staring at the ceiling, helpless.

Through the years of her life, the part of it that she hated most was growing up.

And, now that she's all grown up, near the end of life, she could only wish for one thing.

To go back, to wake up from this dream that is actually the reality.

She wanted to go back, but it's impossible.

She wanted to do the things she'd always wished for, to continue whatever future she'd have if she went on, and not ruined herself.

Her room's door then gently opened, Sana slowly leaned onto the direction of the door, but she couldn't pinpoint who it is that entered.

Familiar, but unknown.

"Just put it here, I can manage on my own," Sana's raspy voice echoed in the room.

A voice mumbled, "Thank you," to someone who seems to be a personnel of the hospital. 

It's weird how our voices change through time.

Without a response, the person slowly walked towards Sana. 

With each small step, the clearer Sana's vision becomes.

Unfamiliar, but remembered.

"Y-You're not my n-nurse?" Sana said as she squinted her eyes.

"Do you remember me?" 

"Of course I remember you," Sana answered as she slowly pointed her shaking hand at the person.