Chapter 22: Fight for us

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

"See you, my lifetime," She said and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight. I love you," I said and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"What in the world is happening?" A distinct voice was heard from behind us.

Shit.

We went down the carriage, and turned to where the voice was heard

"F-Father," I whispered to myself, slowly letting go from Dianne's grip on my hands.

I don't know what I should do.

Why am I suddenly scared?

She looked at me before she went close to my ear to whisper the words, "Let's fight for us. Let's be brave for once."

I nodded at her as she tightly held my hand again, making me feel like she was saying that everything would be fine.

"Never let go, Sakura-chan. Please don't. I can't lose you," She said, almost whispering to herself.

I can't lose you, too.

I can't lose the person I love more than everything.

I can't let her go.

She was the girl I slapped the day we met. 

The girl who understood me.

The woman I love.

"I-I won't," I answered, making her smile at me, 

I suddenly felt nervousness rising through my body

"Tell me, what is happening?" He asked again.

Silence, again was around us. No one dared to talk.

It was scary. Father's clear and deep voice whenever he's mad was too intimidating.

Just like... Dad.

Is he mad? 

"F-father, Dianne a-and were j-just bidding our g-goodbyes," I said, making an excuse.

That's what I'm simply good at, running away from things that may ruin me.

Avoiding problems, or simply the things that scare me.

I'm sorry, that's just me.

"Is that the case?" He asked as I slowly nodded as a response.

I saw Dianne who was about to open her mouth to speak.

I decided to stop her.

"Father, Dianne and I are really close friends. Is giving and receiving  simple kisses on the cheeks a bad thing?" I asked him, removing my hands from Dianne's grasp.