Chapter 23: Detestation

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

"Please, give us a chance, sir," Dianne spoke as she was being pulled away.

And I couldn't do anything but stand still.

It hurts me to move. I couldn't even speak to my own father properly.

I can't lose you now, Dianne.

"Get her out of my sight!" He then yelled, making the maids flustered, doing the task quickly.

Why am I silent?

Sana, you're losing her.

You're losing yourself.

As Dianne got out of the house, I faced my father.

"Sakura, please tell me that it wasn't real?" He asked me.

"I-It is real," I answered, making him sigh.

I shouldn't act weak in front of him.

It's like facing your darkest fears.

"Let's fight for us. Let's be brave for once."

I would love to be brave with you, Dianne. 

Even for just this once, I should not let my fear and insecurities ruin me.

"Never let go, Sakura-chan. Please don't. I can't lose you."

I told you that I won't. 

And I'll try not to.

"Father, why don't you favor my relationship with Dianne?" I asked him, forcing myself to not sob in front of him.

He chuckled before answering, "What would people think about our family, Sakura? They would think you're sick. I thought you were better than this. Ever since you've met that poor musician, you stopped making artworks. She's making you drift away from your dreams!" He answered furiously.

She's not poor, she has a rich heart. Capable of making others happy.

And... She is a dream of mine. 

A dream who became my reality, and my world.

Or maybe the whole universe.

"Y-you can't just r-ruin your daughter's happiness, f-father. Please g-give us a chance," I said, making sure he understood my words as I started crying my heart out.

"You're not my daughter. You're a disgrace. I-I raised you, took care of you because your mom left us. And now, this is what you're doing to pay b-back my efforts?" He spoke, making my now broken heart, get crushed even more.

A disgrace.

That's what they think about you when you do something that doesn't please them.

They aren't credit cards to make you pay for their services.

They're people, who became something horrible than an average human being.

I then remembered dad. 

I was always up to things that he hated. So he usually tells me things that break me.

"I've already been called a disgrace loads of times, that doesn't affect me anymore. So whether you like it or not, I'll love Dianne with all my heart and soul," I told him as I wiped my tears and gave him a bitter smile.

"No, you won't," He simply answered while he grits his' teeth.

He suddenly pulled my hair and pulled it to follow him.

He suddenly changed. Minutes ago, he was the most caring man I saw, really far from dad.

And now, he was no different from him.

I whimpered in pain as I said, "You don't deserve to be called my father."

"Oh really, princess. Then you don't deserve to be a Minatozaki," He answered, tightening his grip, leading me to my room.

"If you really love her. Then accept your fate as a Minatozaki. You, will be married to a man soon," He said as we were now inside my room, removing his hold on my hair.

"What you're requesting doesn't prove my love for her. You wanted me to follow the family's tradition to marry someone rich, making our family one of the most influential ones," I said full of anger as the words came out from my mouth.

"This stupid tradition will end soon," I continued as I stared into his eyes. 

They were different from the ones I used to look at.

This one's a monster, wanting people to follow what he desires in life.

"That tradition, proves that you are, and will be loyal to the family," He seriously answered, now opening the door to exit my room.

"Then I'd rather die than be a Minatozaki for some longer time!" I answered before he slammed the door shut.

I stood up to figure out that he locked the door.

He is worse than an average woman having mood swings when it's that time of the month.

I then suddenly couldn't figure out my emotions when I sat down my bed.

I was mad, heartbroken, sad, betrayed.

That's when before I decided to close my eyes.

Slowly, I am losing my hopes as many  hours passed by.

How am I supposed to face Dianne now?

How is father going to accept us?

Why are people so homophobic in this time?

How come did my friend's family members accept them for being in a relationship with the people they love?

Did I deserve this?

I didn't had the chance to eat lunch, and yet it was already night time.

The moon was up and there was nothing else that I can do than to stare at its beauty.

There were also many twinkling stars above the night sky.

She loved staring at the stars.

Did you plan this? 

Are these stars the reason of my pain?

Was it because of destiny? Was it already aligned by the universe?

I'd never know.

I never tried to look for the answer.

I'm that much of a coward.

I tried to open my door again. It was still locked.

I guess I have to starve tonight.

Why are people so cruel?

We just wanted to be us, yet they ruined the path you wanted to cross.

Why aren't we...

Free from them?

-------------