Chapter 30: Pretend

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

"Yes, I am dating her," I answered, not even thinking about my choice of words.

Did I sound desperate?

How would Dahyun react?

Hearing her name makes me think of Dianne.

Looking at her makes me feel like I am with Dianne.

The students then left after hearing what I just said.

I then looked around to see the girls, confusion was found on their faces, making my sigh out of embarrassment.

"You and her?" Nayeon-unnie asked, pointing at Dahyun and I.

I shook my head out of frustration, grabbed Dahyun's arm, and left with her.

"Mina will have a party at her house later, Sana! See you there!" Momo added, I heard.

I felt Dahyun trying to remove my grip on her so I suddenly let her arm go.

"What was that for?" She asked me.

"Sorry, I didn't think it through," I answered and quickly looked down.

"What should we do? Your friends looked convinced, the news will spread fast knowing that you're famous," She asked again.

"Is it wrong to date me?" I asked her and smirked after.

"No it isn't. It's wrong to date me," She answered, leaving me confused.

She looks like an ideal type anyway.

Even in this world, Dianne.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Your reputation will be ruined," She answered.

"It already is," I said.

"Are you saying that because you really want to date me?" She asked as I came to realization that I do sound desperate.

"T-that's not it! I-I mean, if we tell them t-that we broke up, won't my reputation be ruined? And y-yours might also be ruined," I answered her, full of doubt.

I can't deny the fact that I do want to date her.

"It would be easier if you told them that we're friends," She said and sighed.

"Then let's just fake it," I responded.

That's totally not a bad idea.

"Explain further, Minatozaki," She said.

"You're a smart student yourself, but sure. We would pretend that we're dating. No feelings. Then maybe after a few months, we'll break up, which is also fake," I answered her.

"Months? Can you make it any shorter?" She asked again.

"It would be obvious that we're faking it," I answered.