Chapter 25: Lifetime

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

You then ran to hug me tight. Like there's no tomorrow.

Well, there might be no tomorrow for us. She'll be leaving.

Can I possibly stop her?

"Sakura, how did you get here?" She asked me, caressing my head as I fell comfortable in her embrace.

"Y-you're not l-leaving me, right?" I asked her who suddenly got quiet.

I started to sob.

I won't lose her tonight.

She'll stay with me.

"S-Sakura, I'm s-sorry," She whispered onto my ear, she was also crying.

My now broken heart was crushed even more.

"P-please, don't leave me, Dianne," I said.

"I-I have no c-choice. It's f-for your own good, too," She answered.

It's never a good thing if you'll be leaving me.

"Please, I-I can't live w-without you," I said, tightening my grip on her.

You told me to fight, to not let go, and I won't.

I heard her sigh before saying, "You can live without me, you did it for so long."

"N-now is a different c-case. I-I'm hurting, Dianne. I c-can't handle this," I answered her.

"It's not like I'm not hurt too, Sakura. I couldn't eat these past days, I had sleepless nights, thinking if you were hurt, or maybe they didn't feed you, or if you were also thinking about me. I always wanted to visit you, but you know your father," She said while I remained silent, fully giving into her embrace.

After minutes being wrapped around each other's warmth, I calmed down a bit as she lead me to have a seat on the ground with her.

"Let's enjoy our last night together," Dianne whispered, but it was enough for me to hear.

"Can you tell me why you're leaving?" I asked her.

"Y-your father, he offered me to study at a different place, for free. I-I don't want to leave y-you. But I also h-have dreams to reach," She answered and looked down.

"You're my dream, am I not yours?" I asked again.

"You're my reality, Sakura. I'll be back for you," She explained.

Time passed, and the night became comforting.

It was like all the sadness I felt earlier turned to something calmer.

It was a full moon, and the stars were watching us from above.

"When you come back, what will you do first?" I asked as I looked at Dianne who was staring into my eyes.

"I'll look for you. I'll be there to spend my whole life with you," She answered, making my face heat up.

I looked up again and noticed that the sky was filled with stars, it was beautiful.

But there was the moon, which never fails to amaze me.

I remembered it again...

The thing about the moon that you always tell me at night when we go here.

That it was not alone. Apart from the stars, there was the sun with it. Though it was far, it gives it light.

Remembering those things make me feel comforted, like my bed whenever I feel bad. I sleep on it, it hears my secrets. 

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" She then suddenly asked the me, who still was feeling comfortable with the cold breeze surrounding us.

Silence then appeared as the both of us stared upon the night sky.

We were getting into the moment.

"I love you too," I sincerely answered her as she then smiled at me.

After a few moments of silence, she stood up and offered her hand to me.

"Would you like to dance with me?" She suddenly asked me while I held her hand.

"Yes. I would love to," I answered and held onto her.

"Are you fine without music?" She asked as I nodded.

"As long as it's a dance with you, I'm in," I answered as we swayed amongst the wind, not minding if people would see us.

I can feel her beating heart. It was fast, yet it was in synch with mine.

The birds were chirping loudly, music to my ears. It then became the music as we danced slowly.

"I would like to stay like this forever," I spoke as the atmosphere got quiet again.

But things are temporary, even the most important things in your life will disappear through time.

"P-Please wait for m-me, Sakura. I-I'll be back for you, for u-us," She said, now crying on my shoulder whole I pulled her into an embrace.

"Even if it takes a lifetime, I'd wait," I answered, breaking the embrace and was now facing her, our faces getting closer as I captured her lips, and it didn't took long for her to kiss back.

This isn't the time for us yet, I guess.

But the thing is, I love you. Even if people are pulling us apart, breaking our hearts by their words and judgement. 

And.. I'm hoping that you feel the same thing.

We broke the kiss and was now looking into each other's eyes.

"Always remember that I love you, I really do. I'm not leaving to forget you, but to make us strong in the future," She said, now caressing my hair with her soft hand.

"W-well, I love you too. And, I was asking you to stay because I was too selfish, am I?" I asked her.

"No, you're just hurt. If you were leaving, and I was left here, I would have said the same," She answered and smiled again.

"Is it okay to be selfish?" I asked again, making her chuckle silently.

"It's alright to be selfish. But too much selfishness can ruin you," She answered.

"Close your eyes, Sakura," She requested and so I did.

"Why?" I asked, eyes still closed as I feel her letting go from her grip on me.

"I want you to wake up," She said.

"W-What?" I asked again.

But no one answered, what's happening?

After minutes of closing my eyes, she was still not answering so I then decided to open them.

And I was lying down on my bed, the sun has risen and the thought of what happened last night was still hurting me.

"Sana! It's time to eat," Someone said, knocking on my door.

Sana. Not Sakura.

What happened?

-----------------