Chapter 18: Blooming love

Sana's POV

Sana's POV

The night grew deeper as we shared about our now exposed unspoken feelings.

"Since when did you have these feelings?" I asked out of nowhere as we looked at the dark sky, surrounded by the sound of the wind, the chirps of crickets and birds, as the atmosphere around us was a quiet but comfortable one. 

My usual feeling around her, the only difference was that the awkwardness between us suddenly disappeared.

"who wouldn't catch feelings for you?" She asked as well as I felt my face heat up.

"I easily get flustered, Dianne," I said, causing her to chuckle.

"Well, that's cute," She said then held my hand.

"You can't say the 'friends don't act like this' excuse anymore," She continued before kissing my hand before softly stroking it.

"Aren't you being too sweet?" I asked.

"I'm just showing my sincere feelings," She truthfully answered.

"Since I saw you with your friends selling paintings, I found you attractive. Then I found out that my father works for yours, so I decided to assist him. Then it turned out that you always stay inside your room doing your paintings. I eventually lost hope because there  was no possible chance for me to see you," She spoke as I chuckled, causing her to look at me in annoyance.

"You're just so cute, Dianne~" I teased, making her smile.

"Then that day came, I saw you again, but you slapped me," She laughed as I slapped her arm in annoyance.

"Hey, stop that. I kind of felt nice when you did that," She said, I stopped.

"It was an honor?" I asked in a curious tone.

"It is," Dianne answered.

"Really?" I asked her again.

"Can you slap  me again?" She jokingly asked back.

"Very funny," I said, making her chuckle.

"I don't really mind, as long as its you who does that," She said.

We then stayed in silence, sitting beside each other, holding hands as the night grew deeper.

"Should I take you home? Your father might get worried," She then stood up, her soft hand was still holding mine. 

"Don't you want to be with me?" I asked her.

"I want to be with you, but your father trusts me with you. And by that, means I still have to take you home," She explained as I sighed.

"Fine, let's go," I said and also stood up.

I noticed that my family's carriage was now gone.

"It's already late, there are no more carriages here," I heard Dianne whisper to herself.

"C'mon we have to go somewhere," She said and started walking with me, our hands still intertwined.

"Where are going?" I asked her.

"My place," Dianne simply answered.

"So I'm sleeping there?" I asked again.

"No, I'll be getting something,"  She answered again.

After minutes of walking she stopped so I did as well.

"Stay here, I'll be getting something," She said and left me out here.

Is she planning to make me sleep out here?

"Dianne?" I called, but no one answered.

Did she just ghost me?

"Sakura," A voice called, and it was Dianne.

She was carrying a bike.

"Hop on," She said and sat on the bike's seat.

I did what she said.

"Hold on, you might fall," She said.

"I already did," I answered her as she looked behind to see my eyes.

"I know you did, but I don't want you to get hurt," She said and eventually guided my arms to be wrapped around her waist.

"Hold on tight, never let go," She said as if what she said had a different meaning.

"I won't, promise," I answered as I saw her smile, making me smile as well.

We rode the bike on the way to my house.

The so cold air was now hitting our faces, silence was present around us.

It's obvious that the people were already in a deep sleep, it's already late.

"We're here," She said and helped me as I went back to my senses.

And this is where our night ends?

"Thank you," I said as I felt her hands hold mine.

"No, thank you," She said before kissing my cold hands.

"Goodnight, Sakura. See you tomorrow," She said as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"I love you," She whispered onto my ear before breaking the hug.

"You're too sweet, Dianne. It's making me blush," I said, making her smile widen.

"Yeah, I am. Have a goodnight sleep. Dream of me," She said then kissed my forehead.

"Y-yeah, goodnight, Dianne," Said and surprisingly kissed her left cheek.

"See you," She said again and rode her bike.

"Aren't you leaving now?" I asked her as her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm waiting for you to get inside," She said, making me sigh, yet smile at the same time.

"Yeah, fine, goodnight," I said and walked towards the door.

I looked back to see her waving at me.

I smiled at her and went in the house.

"Sakura, you're home. I was worried," Father said.

"I'm fine, father. I'm home, that's what's important," I said as he sighed.

"Yeah, now take your rest, goodnight, my princess," He said as I nodded and proceeded to my room.

I locked the door and changed clothes. 

After doing so, I sat on the edge of my bed to think about what happened this same night.

"I can't believe that just happened," I whispered to myself, touching my lips.

We kissed because we felt the same thing when we're with each other.

And, I liked the feeling.

Gosh, this is driving me crazy.

I don't even know if I'm capable of sleeping tonight.

Now, I can't even get her off my head.

What have I become?

Crazy? Weird? Or just...

Inlove? Feeling love? 

"I feel so happy, thank you, Dianne," I whispered to myself, now deciding if lay down .

And so I did, I then started to feel tiredness minutes after I laid down.

And then I  drifted to sleep.

I'll dream of you every night, just like what you said earlier, Dianne.

--------------