Epilogue

Dahyun arrived at the now empty ice cream shop, their spot

Dahyun arrived at the now empty ice cream shop, their spot. It's not closed, but there were no customers, so it's empty.

She got in and sat on one of the chairs and nervously peeked on her cellphone.

Sana had no messages after that. 

"Maybe there's an emergency?" Dahyun thought.

Minutes passed, her heartbeat slowly raced. Many thoughts went by her head, maybe she was hurt? Is she busy?

And so she took her phone out and thought of what she should tell Sana.

"Hey, I'm here now. Did something happen?" Dahyun typed on her keyboard, but she was hesitating whether she should send it or not. She'd sound impatient.

She looked down then sighed, well, she was willing to wait for Sana. She always is.

"Well, you're here early." Dahyun looked up to see the person she was waiting for.

She then stood up with a nervous smile because she was overwhelmed.

"Dahyun, I'm here to talk, that's it. No need to stand up," Sana said, making Dahyun, whose hands were shaking, go back to where she was earlier, down on her chair.

"Would you like to eat ice cream first? My treat?" Dahyun asked.

Sana changed throughout the days. The younger girl noticed it in a glimpse. 

Sana seemed to have lifeless eyes, a frown on her face, she loves dressing up for the day, but today was different.

Dahyun didn't mind, she was wearing baggy clothes, too. What's important was to talk.

"I need an explanation," She suddenly said.

"Me, too," Dahyun responded along with a sigh. She was confused.

"Dahyun, we both did something wrong," Sana said.

"But that doesn't mean that we should end things. Sana, please, give us one more chance," Dahyun answered.

Sana was left silent, she was trying to not show too much emotion, it would hurt the both of them more.

"I know why you're mad, I'll explain all of it if you want to," Dahyun added.

She waited for Sana all her life, she wouldn't let a single mistake ruin them.

And so she told Sana about what happened the day she asked for space.

"Sana, I'm so sorry. It's for your sake, too," Dahyun said, and held Sana's hand from across the table.

All the words she had spoken of were... Sincere, something that she always wished to say, her worries and past insecurities.

And Sana was starting to feel bad, she never knew that Dahyun hid so much for the sake of her happiness. 

But then again, relationships are made for one to trust the other. It's about going past your comfort zones together to understand more about each other.

"Does she not trust me?" Sana thought to herself.

Would two months be enough to know everything about each other?

"Sana, I would like to ask you about something," Dahyun then said.

Sana raised both eyebrows as a response, she couldn't talk after everything that she took in, she couldn't get over Dahyun's explanation. She's regrets pushing the younger away.

"Did you like me because I loved you? Or was it because of her? Of me being like her?"

"D-Dahyun-ah," She could only call Dahyun's name.

She loves Dahyun for Dahyun, but the question took her mind through various thoughts.

"I see, I'm not forcing you to answer, it's all fine. Thank you for letting me talk," She then said.

"Dahyun, I love you. It's just that it's hard to choose in between improper goodbyes that always bother me at night, and someone who makes me genuinely happy."

It's true that it's hard to be stuck in between two people.

"Well, it would be nice to think about things again, Sana-chan," Dahyun responded and stood up.

This time, Dahyun was having second thoughts. She knew that she loves Sana, and the Japanese girl felt the same. But there was this unknown feeling of emptiness, there was something missing in their reassurances and words.

Doubts, both were having doubts, but isn't it normal for people to think that way?

Sana took a deep breath before saying, "Dahyun, I'd like to try again."

"Sana, let's break up."

They both said different things at the same time.

"You loved the past too much that it hurts you now.

"I loved you too much, that it hurts me," Dahyun added, with tears in her eyes as she walked out of the store.

And to that, Sana was left alone, heartbroken. She felt weak, and she couldn't move her body.

Tears were forming in her eyes and her heart felt heavy.

She then regretted not talking, not fighting, or not running after Dahyun who had just walked away.

She regrets being weak at times when she shouldn't.

And now, her person left her.

Or should I say, this isn't the lifetime that waits for them.

She then whispered something to herself, words for hope in the future, a chance to look for soon...

"Maybe in our next lifetime, love."

----------

----------