Chapter 9

'Are you ready?' V asked me.

'I guess I have no choice.' I said. 'He's calling.'

'I told her and she's telling I'm pulling a prank on her. I think conference call is our only chance now.' Jungkook told us.

'Didn't you try talking in Korean?'

'That thought didn't come to my mind.'

'Well then we have to call her now.'

I'm sure she's gonna freak out if she hears Jungkook's voice. Well let's hope for the best.

'Im ready. Let's get this over with.'

'Hello? Rose?' I spoke trembling.

'Ok stop pranking me Haze. I know it's not Jk. Although he sounds somewhat like him. There's no fricking way that's gonna happen.' Rose said firmly.

'Dont you believe me? I will prove it to you, ask me anything?'

'Ok then tell me the names of the ones in our corridor. If you know then you know what I'm talking about.' She said.

'What kind of a question is that?' Jk asked totally lost.

Tae looked at me equally lost and confused. I clicked my tongue and replied with a knowing smile. How can I forget those names. They were our seniors in college and we kinda had small brief encounters with them. So we nicknamed them so we could talk about them in public. It's like a secret code among us three.

'So where should I start, Mk, Ri8, Ryan, do you need more Rosie? If you still don't believe me,  let's have a video call then. That way you can see me talking in malayalam right in front of you. You can see your bias by my side too.'

'What he's your bias and not me.' Jk complained.

If he wasn't four years older than me I would have killed him right then. Was that the only sentence that got into his thick skull.

'How...how di..did you know all those names?' She asked confusion laced in her voice.

'Its me buddy.'

'Ohh....how did this happen? Can I see you?' Realisation dawned in her voice.

I switched on the camera. I heard her gasping. Well this might take some time.

'Holy molly what the heck happened to you. I don't know what to say. I can't believe I'm seeing Jk and Tae. Nor can I process it's actually you. But how can Jk speak Malayalam?'

'The switching made us understand each other's languages. So in total we can speak Malayalam, English, Korean, Japanese, a little bit of Chinese and Hindi.'

I can't believe I can speak these many languages now. Tae was looking at me having no clue what we were talking about. I forgot that he can't understand malayalam. I translated everything to Tae.

'Did you tell Jes?' Rose asked.

'No I have to. Maybe we can do it now?'

Just then somebody knocked at the door. 'Guys I think we have to hang up, somebody's at the door. You guys give Jes an outline of what's happened then we can call her at night.'

'Ok' Jk and Rose replied.

The door opened. What a timing. If someone heard Jk speaking a foreign language, then everything would have been over.

By the door stood Jimin. 'Guys what were you doing all this time, come and eat something.'

'We will come right away?' Tae replied. Jimin left the room.

I didn't realise I was squeezing Tae's hand so hard. It turned purple. 'Oops sorry'.

He laughed, 'It's ok.'