Chapter 21

'You look happy today.' Tae said.

'I do?' I was just sitting in the balcony listening to music.

'Yeah, what are you hearing?'

'Talos' To each his own.' I said extending the other plug to him.

We just sat in silence listening to it. My mind was drifting off to many other thoughts. I had that dream again. This time too it wasn't a pleasant one, but less intense. I didn't tell the others because I forgot and then I thought it was unnecessary to give importance to something like this. So I brushed it off.

I saw a teenage girl and a boy talking behind a haystack. I suppose that girl is the one from my last dream, though a little bit older. But I don't know who that boy is.

He handed something to her. I couldn't see what it was. She was so happy, she gave him a tight hug and pulled away shyly. They looked so happy together.

Then I heard a foot step from my back. I turned and saw a man who looks like he's in his late sixties. His eyes were fixed furiously on the them.

Next I saw myself in a hut, I think. It was made of wood and straw. Earthly colours everywhere. Even the curtains were brown. I saw her curled up in the corner of the room. Her hands were all bruised. I went closer and saw the bruises were dark purple already. She was crying, her eyes were burning red. Then I looked at the door and saw a boy approaching. He looked similar to the boy I saw in my first dream.

He crouched beside her. He lifted her face with his fingers. His eyes had mixed emotions. It was a mixture of sadness, anger, and care.

'I should've been with you. I wouldn't have let this happen. I'm sorry.' He said.

'It's not your fault. I should've been more careful.' She replied.

'I don't care what the villagers say. You are my only family. If he's your happiness, I will do anything to make you happy, to make you smile.'

She smiled and gave him a hug.
My heart felt heavy, after that. I was happy to see that they have each other. Someone to hold on to, someone to live for. But something tells me that this doesn't end here.

Someone started shaking me up. It was Tae. I accidentally fell asleep thinking of it.

'Hey you fell asleep.'

'Oops the songs were so soothing.'

After dinner I head back to my room. I can't wait for tomorrow and I'm slightly nervous too, after all this is my first time coming to Korea as 'me'.

 I can't wait for tomorrow and I'm slightly nervous too, after all this is my first time coming to Korea as 'me'