Chapter 27

Why is it so bright? I was trying hard to open my eyes. I felt someone moving beside me. Well that worked, I shot my open eyes and found Rose sleeping sound with one foot out of the bed. The window curtain was wide open and the sunlight was just bursting in.

I started shaking her. After few seconds she woke up.

'Good morning' She mumbled.

'Good morning. Wait what the hell are you doing in my bedroom? Did you sleep here last night? Rose I'm gonna kill you.' I started shouting.

'Whoa...whoa calm down. I came like half an hour before to wake you up. I tried to wake you but you were sleeping like you were dead. And I accidentally fell asleep too.'

'Ok. I got a little scared.' I smiled apologetically.

'I can't believe you really thought I slept here with Kook.'

'Noooo, I know my Rosie wouldn't do that. I was just kidding.'

'I wish I could believe that'. She went to the kitchen after smacking me on my arm. I earned it.

We made pancakes. It was something we all know to cook. It is like heaven when I get Jin hyung's food. They both envy me for that. They haven't had his food after our first visit.

'Ok so why is he always asking to meet you? Doesn't he want to meet us? We all went to the same college, duh.' Rose said. What she said was right. I have thought of it too. He seems like a good guy but this didn't add up.

'I know I've been thinking the same too.' Jes agreed.

'I don't know guys. I have no idea.'

'Do you really wanna go today?' Jes asked me again for the fourth time today.

'I agreed that I will meet him. How can I cancel now? Also it is the last time. I thought it would be rude to cut him off when he's always been sweet to me.'

'Do you think everybody likes, you going with him?' Rose asked. I knew who she meant by everybody. And I honestly don't know. Tae always avoids the topic or finds a reason to do something when I start talking about anything related to Ryan or our outings.

'I really don't know.' I was telling the truth.

I got ready and took a cab to the mall. He was already there.

I've never played arcade games in Korea. It was really entertaining. I made a mental note  to bring the girls and boys next time. It would be fun playing with them. I like their competitive spirit while playing games.

'Hazel' Ryan brought me back from my trance. 'Can I ask you something?' He continued.

'Yeah sure'

'I've always liked you. I wanted to get to know you, when we were in college. But due to the pandemic everything went down. Now it is fate that brought me to you. I like you. I wanted to tell you that before I go.'

I'm dumbstruck. I knew something was going on when we were in college. I thought now he was all past that. I don't wanna hurt him. And I like him but not the way he wanted. I thought of him as my friend.

'Ryan, I...I...don't think that will work. I'm sorry, it's just I didn't think of it.....' He cut me off.

'No it's ok, I know you don't like me like I do. I knew it from the way you talk to me. It's just I wanted to get this off of my chest. What if I get a chance, if I do that. That's all. Don't overthink it, please. Just forget that this ever happened at all. Hey it's already pretty late. I have an early flight tomorrow. Let's go'

I know he was just trying to lighten up the mood. I felt bad. But it's much worse if I fake my feelings. I need to be true to others and myself.

I reached back home. I feel exhausted after all those serious talks. Ride back to the house was awkward and silent. He asked me if we could stay in touch. I gladly agreed. He lives just a few blocks away from my brother's. So we can meet up when I visit him.

Jes was already asleep. Rose was waiting for me in the living room.

'How did it go?' Rose asked.

'The arcade games were fun. We should go there sometime.'

'Then? You look like something else happened.'

I sat down and pour out all the details. She agreed that what I told him was the right thing to do.

'Now go sleep girl. It's already late.'

'Aren't you sleeping?'

'Yes, Jungkook told he will call. So I'm waiting for that.'

'Ok lovebirds. Tell him not to stay up late or he would faint.' I scoffed.