Chapter 29

It was night and the three of them were sleeping in a small shed. Ye Jun, her brother was trying to stay awake. But he was dozing off.

I heard leaves crumbling behind me. Quickly, I turned around. But didn't find anything. Then again I heard some whispers. This time I found a guy speaking to another by his side. It looked like they were plotting something.

I turned to look at the tent again. It was rounded by more than ten people. The three were sleeping. The mobs had weapons with them. I tried to wake her up but my hands just went through her. I know it was a dream but it felt more than that.

The scene before me starts to fade. I heard a loud noise but I couldn't fathom what was happening. The next thing I saw was, they were all tied up. Ye Jun was unconscious, he was bleeding from the back of his head. Jeong Hyun's face was covered in blood. And her hands had bruises and cuts.

The scene before me faded again. This time they were in a different place but like before all were tied up and covered in blood. But I didn't see Ye Jun. I couldn't understand what the mobs were talking. I was far away from them. So I took a few steps forward. But I was pulled backwards by an invisible force. It was like some kind of shield were present there as a barrier, preventing me from entering.

They dragged her from Jeong Hyun's side and started beating her. Her mouth was covered in blood. Jeong Hyun started shouting loudly. One of them came to him with a steel rod and started beating him. She was pleading to stop. One of the mobs who was twice the size of the girl, caught her by her hair and pulled her face up towards him. And then thrusted her face towards Jeong Hyun's direction. She was trying to restrain but he was too strong for her.

The man who was beating him pulled a dagger from behind his back and slashed Jeong Hyun's neck. Everything was so sudden. Blood splashed and he fell limp to the ground. The ground was a pool of blood. She fell on her knees. Her nails onto her face, bleeding.

Ye Jun was brought to them, he was not fully conscious. But the scene before him woke him up. He saw his sister and his friend who is now gone forever, he wanted go to her, console her. But he knew nothing can save her from them.

Next thing I saw was him falling to the ground. His neck was pierced with a blade. His eyes still open looking at nothing but the darkness welled up on his sister's eyes.

I felt my tears slipping from my eyes. My chest was feeling hollow. I felt like I was all alone, I had no one. I tried to go towards her, but I fell backwards because of that invisible force.

Suddenly I felt a burn on my back. I quickly turned around and saw nothing. I turned to the front and saw that man throwing a fire torch at her back. I felt that pain, the burn. What's happening?

The moment my eyes locked with her's, I was engulfed by the fire. I could see her eyes through the fire. She was looking intently at me. I was screaming. The bain was unbearable. I felt like my body was torn apart raw. The pain, pain. I can feel the blazing heat. I was heavily breathing. I want this to stop. I couldn't control. I started screaming. My screams were deafening myself. But I didn't care. I wanted to escape from this.  Please, I want this to stop.

My heart was bleeding from the inside out. I could feel my heartbeat rising. My hands were all turning black with the blood and the heat. All I could see was fire around me. The torturing burn was everywhere. I crumbled to the ground. Then everything went black.

I could see the fire no more. But the pain from the burn, it was still killing me. I can feel it. I can feel death nearing me. It's scaring. Death. The numbness. The loss. Everything. Even memories. I wanted to cry. But I had no tears. I wanted to scream. But I couldn't find my voice. I longed to see them for one last time. But everything is black with no end to it. All I can feel is pain, endless pain.