Chapter 32

The bright sun rays gleamed onto my face as it cascaded on my bare skin. Placing my hand over my eyes, I squint and turn over, groaning at the fact that I had forgotten to close the curtains. Letting out a lazy yawn, I arched my back like a cat as I attempted to sit straight on my bed.

Realising that my head was beginning to strain with a mild head ache, I sighed as I pulled the drawer to the bed stand and grabbed an aspirin. Placing the tablet onto the top of my tongue, I grabbed a hold of my tiny water bottle and chugged its content down my dry throat.

I picked up my phone and turned on my lock screen to read the time.

8:57 am

It was a Sunday morning which means that I could allow myself to be the couch potato that I am.

Letting out another yawn, I threw my phone onto the mattress and strolled my way into the washroom, the cold floor waking up my sense with each step. The blaring sound of my ringing tone began to resonate within the room and I turned around and walked my way back to check the caller Id

Katie

I smiled as I picked up my phone and tapped on the screen before turning on the speaker.

"Stop troubling me, bitch." I joked as I once again enter the washroom and placed the on the shelf above the sink where I could be audible.

I heard Katie chuckle energetically from the other side of the call. She's definitely a morning person.

"Good morning to you too, bitch."

I grinned as I washed my toothbrush and applied the tooth paste on it. There was no better way to start my day than getting a call from my bestest and only friend. Katie is more of a family to me than my own family is.

"Good morning. So, what's up?" I asked as I began to brush my teeth, the foam slowly starting to appear on the side of my mouth.

"I wanted to get updated on the details." She chirped and I frowned in confusion.

"Wwhat details?" I asked as I continued to brush, staring at my messy bun which looked like an appealing bird's nest.

"About you and Shane." She stated in all seriousness and I paused before spitting out the foam and rinsing my mouth with water.

"What about me and Shane?"

"Well, have you actually not spoken to him like you dramatically said you wouldn't?" She questioned and I sighed wearily.

"Technically, I haven't."

"Please explain 'technically'?" She then asked as she dragged out on the word 'technically'."

I scratched the back of my head as I rested my hand on my hip. "Shane hasn't even spared a glance at me since the past three days and it's very weird."

"Give me a second," Katie excused, "Don't you dare think of staring that series without me!" Katie yelled and Sebastian laughed at her complaint.

I smiled, using the mean time to take off my clothes and step into the shower. The hot water ran down my bare skin and I felt the stress on my nerves ease at the contact.

"We can talk later, Katie." I suggested, smiling at how cute the two of them have always been.

Katie's relationship with Sebastian escalated way too quickly which scared me at first but after getting to know him, I realised why it did happen in such way. They both were crazy for each other and knew how to manage each obstacle they had in a very understanding and mature way.