Chapter 17

"Earth to Tamara."

Snapping out of my mind drift, I glanced at Katie. I dropped my pen on the table as I swirled my swivel chair toward her direction as she sat next to me.

"Yeah?" I asked, gazillion thoughts still scurrying in the back of my mind. My brain has been on an overdrive the past few days, making me tremendously restless.

"You haven't been doing any work for the past thirty minutes. Is everything alright?" Katie queried as she scrutinized, a vague frown evident on her face.

I nodded tentatively, glancing at my desk, neat as a pin. "I'm fine." I mumbled before giving her a lazy yet convincing smile.

Katie frowned deeper, a neutral expression quickly taking over.

"How are things going with Shane?"

I pouted and she chuckled, placing her elbow on her desk, which is adjacent to mine, resting her chin on her palm. "What's wrong?" She asked in a childish manner.

I whined, throwing my head back in frustration.

"Plan A is a complete failure." I complain as I bend down and grab my small notepad from my handbag.

Katie lingers her gaze through me, muddled. "What exactly am I missing here?" She asked.

Resting the notepad on my lap, I flipped open it's cover. "I have been working on a mission since the past week." I apprised as I glimpsed at her.

Katie leaned forward, her right hand resting on the armrest of her swivel chair. She frowned, again, staring at page on display. "Why is it called 'operation devil'?" She questioned.

I rolled my eyes before giving her a scornful look. "Because he is a devil."

"How many plans exactly do you have?" She queried with her brows furrowed immensely.

"How many letters are there in the alphabet?"

"Oh my God."

"Exactly."

Katie shook her head as she rested her back against the chair. "I feel like I'm talking to an eight year old, anyway, carry on."

I smiled as I skimmed through the fresh list with pride. "Okay, so, Plan A was to annoy the hell out of him and knock some brains into the shell in his head so he would leave me for my sweet sister, Everlyn," I draw a large cross on plan A before carrying forward, "Plan B is to invite Everlyn over for dinner and play Cupid so that he would realize his gravel mistake and leave me for Everlyn, Plan C is to-"

"Woah, woah, woah, hold up right there for a minute." Kate ceased my rant, raising her hands towards me.

I looked up at her, confused. "Why? Is there something wrong with my list?"

Katie rubbed the back of her fingers against her forehead before straightening her posture dubiously. "Does all your 'plans' have something to do with Shane ditching you for that witch?"

I surveyed through the list for a mere second before resting my gaze on her again. "Yeah?" I blurted out, a questioning tone evident as I spoke.

Katie leaned forward, intertwining her fingers together. "You do realize that since the two of you have had an engagement party and your relationship is public, if that ever happens, which I'm certain that it wouldn't, things are only going to get ugly. And from what I've heard about your father, he definitely wouldn't be elated about it. Anyway if Shane was ever going to end up finding an interest in Everlyn, He would have by now and since that hasn't I don't think their is a chance."