Chapter 30

My stomach grumbled as I served the freshly cooked mac and cheese onto a plate. I could feel the steam vaguely hit onto my face as I plopped myself onto a stool, the aroma hitting into my nostrils making happiness giddy into my system.

With the help of a spoon, I stuffed my mouth with the creamy delicacy, a little moan escaping my lips as I devoured it.

I grabbed another spoonful of the macaroni with pure content but paused as I became aware of the person entering into the kitchen, my smile dropping to a zero.

A pair of grey shorts hung down his hips as he sauntered leisurely into the space. My eyes involuntarily lowered from his chiselled faced to his perfectly sculpted body. Taking in the rippling abs that sat aimlessly on his tan skin, I couldn't help but gulp in at the masterpiece that stood before me.

No wonder my sister was so keen to make this man hers. He looked like one of God's proudest creations.

Extracting all the strength and power I could acquire, I harshly averted my gaze, squinting my eyes shut in attempt to erase the image out of my head.

"Smells good in here, what did you make?"

I glanced at him once again and he greeted me with a warm smile, completely oblivious to the little sin I had committed a moment ago.

Flashbacks from earlier today scurried into my head for possibly the hundredth time today and I looked down at my plate with embarrassment.

He plopped himself next to me and brushed his fingers against his messy hair before casting his gaze onto my plate.

Yes, I have been avoiding him since our little incident this afternoon.

"Nothing for you to eat." I grumbled as I filled my mouth with the food and chewed onto it in attempt to zone him out of my senses.

His brows knitted together as he peeked into the empty saucepan.

"Why not?"

Rolling my eyes at his question, I continued to have my gaze fixated on my plate, not really having the strength to face him.

"Cook for yourself." I scoffed in response as I stuffed in another spoonful of mac and cheese.

Shane sighed in frustration and I could tell he was as hungry as I was.

"But I'm really hungry." He reasoned out with a little pout.

I look up him in annoyance and find myself mesmerizing into his deep blue eyes.

Why did he have to sit right next to me and torture me like this?

Most of all, why on earth am I even reacting like this? He never effected me before so why is every little detail of him effecting me now?

That bloody hell of a kiss.

"I'm not your mother. Cook for yourself." I repeated myself blatantly and looked away, trying to focus on my food once again.

Shane leaned in playfully, his warm breath fanning my cheeks as he did so. "But I'm really hungry."

I wasn't sure if he was teasing me on purpose or if his actions were involutarily making me feel this way but it was getting onto my nerves.

"Does it look like I care?" I snapped with my teeth gritted against each other so harshly that I was afraid they might just drill into each other.

Unaffected by my behaviour, his smile only widened, dimples coming into view.

Since when did he have dimples?

"But I'm rea-"

"Stop it." I snarled, my eyes shooting daggers into his soul.