Chapter 3

Tamara's POV

I leaned against the door frame, watching Everlyn while she attempted to straighten her already straight hair.

She wore a dark purple dress. It had a heart shaped neckline and was tight till the start of her waist, spreading below like a flower right till the middle of her thighs.

Apparently they have accepted the offer and our on their way with Everlyn's ring for our first family dinner.

I inspected Everlyn as she did her hair with so much pride and enthusiasment. Wasn't she in a relationship just a few days back?

I chuckled at the thought, my gaze falling to the floor.

"What's so funny?" I looked up to see Everlyn staring at me through the mirror with her brows furrowed.

"Your face." I responded mischieviously, running out of the room and down the corrider, knowing exactly what was to happen next. The look on her face was priceless.

"Mom!" I heard Everlyn whine as I entered my room, shutting the door behind me. I giggled and lay on my bed, resting my back on the mattress while my legs dangled freely on the edge.

Few knocks erupted on the door before it opened. I looked up and smiled at mom as she peeked her head into the room.

"Come on, get ready Tamara. They will be here in less than an hour."

I frowned ever so slightly as I now sat straight on my bed. "But it's not me who's getting engaged, why should I get ready?" I whined.

"Can you get even more stubborn? Just listen for once and get ready, please." Mom scolded, rolling her eyes right after.

I led out a sigh and rested my back again on the bed, glancing at my mother.

"Alright."

I now stood in front of my full sized mirror, wearing a maroon woollen dress that ended up till my knee. It looked pretty much like a long oversized sweater with drawings of reindeers in them. This dress was one of my favorites, my aunt had gifted me it last year for Christmas.

I half-smiled at my reflection, pulling the strands of my hair behind my ears, getting a clear view of myself. Evelyn had bleach blonde hair like Mom while I had dark brown like Dad,, she had pretty blue eyes while mine were brown. Evelyn was gorgeous but I, I was...plain?

I sighed, shrugging out the thoughts, nodding at my view in appreciation.

Shane's POV

We were all sat in our Limousine, everyone eager to meet the girl. "I cannot believe this is happening." Dad said in elation.

"Me neither." my brother, Trent, cut in, patting me on my back.

"I heard Everlyn is a wonderful girl." his wife, Jennifer commented with hope. It was like a dream come true to our family as I know they never thought I would be willing to settle down with a woman as I was never one to even take an intimacy any further than a one night stand.

"Yes, of course." I interrupted and everyone averted their attention toward me, their expressions at their brightest.

"But I'm not interested in her."

The expressions that were hovering their faces quickly disappeared. I watched them while they gaped at me, a look of horror plastering on their faces. Seconds passed and mom decided to conclude the silence. "But we...we already said yes to this." 

"I agreed to marry his daughter," I reassured, adjusting my suit as I sat. A little smile gracing over my lips at the thought of the girl with the hoodie, 

"I didn't specify which one."