Chapter 7

Shane's POV

"You really like her, don't you?"

I didn't have to reply to him because he already knew my answer. I took a sip of my beer, resting the glass on the coffee table in front of us.

Trent and I were relaxing in one of the tiny living rooms. We were all in our parents mansion since we were told they had invited the Thevans, also known as my future in-laws and future wife over for dinner to discuss on the wedding dates.

"Don't you think she is a bit...ummm-"

"Feisty?" I interrupted, a chuckle escaping my lips as I grabbed a hold of the glass, taking another sip of my beer.

Trent smirked, rubbing his right eyebrow as he relaxed on the couch. I licked the beer off my lips, smiling slyly at my older brother before answering. "Yes, she is."

I couldn't help but smile as images of her signature scowl flashed into my mind.

The moment I watched her walk in, I knew she was the one, I knew she was going to make me crazy for her and she is. Her brown eyes are like caramel, so attractive that I wouldn't mind spending an entire day staring into them.

Trent cleared his throat, gaining my attention.

"Yeah?"

"Did you know? Ethan's got a new friend."

I raised a brow. Ethan rarely makes friends, he doesn't like interacting with people often. "Who is the kid?"

Trent chuckled, taking a sip of his beer.

"I didn't say a kid now, did I?"

I stared at Trent, confused. Trent chuckled again, leaning back on his seat.

"It's your fiancee."

I smirked, rolling my eyes at him before finishing off my beer.

"I'm serious."

"Cut the crap, Trent."

"I am serious-"

We were interupted by muffled screams inside the house.

Trent and I quickly got up from the cushy couches, walking out of the room in search of the source.

Walking inside our parents' room, we noticed Dad whining as he stood near the washroom. Mom and Jenifer stood next to him, trying to hold in their laugh while Ethan stood in front of them, giggling mischieviously at Dad.

"What's wrong?" Trent asked, both of us now sitting on the bed as we watched them in confusion.

"Ethan covered the toilet seat with plastic wrap." Mom explained.

What?

I felt my eyes almost pop out of their sockets, I looked at Dad, my nerves straining down my neck while I struggled not to laugh.

"Dad, did you-"

"Yes! And it's all over the washroom floor. It was like a tsunami from the commode!" He whined.

Jennifer took a step behind, her hand covering her mouth as she stiffled a laugh.

"Tsunami is a strong word, Michael, do you even know what a tsunami is?" Mom asked.

We all laughed but Trent was the worst, he was laughing like a freaking hyena.

"Shut up, everyone!" Dad half-yelled, scowling like a kid.

All of us now laughed harder, pretty sure Trent's laugh was audible in the entire mansion. Trent clenched on his stomach, leaning forward and falling to the ground.